Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday, 28 August 2011

babes and tots for gingersnap creations and a touch of sentimentality!!!!

Hey there bloggers,
I have had some time to indulge myself today and have dabbled with far too many projects at once but have managed to complete one as well !!!
This is my entry for the following competitions:
babes and tots at gingersnap creations: GC113 @ http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com
anything goes at craft us crazy @ http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.com
signature style @ http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com
So here she is:

I am so chuffed as although the vintage thing is very much me, I used my first ever digital image from a great site:- http://magicmoonlightfreeimages.blogspot.com
This site has such pretty images but until now I have never taken the plunge to do any more than just look.

I am so pleased that despite using an image the rest of the card is handmade form blank card and paper as this seems to be my thing!!
I just had to include a few details and photos, I don't stop talking according to my husband and just can't seem to let it go without a few details.Maybe one day the silence is golden thing will dawn!!!

1. The image was printed in grey tones and coloured flowers from the coloured image added, then it was  put behind acetate coated in rock candy clear crackle glaze lightly coloured with antique linen distress stain.

2.The frame was cut using spellbinders dies from chipboard and painted using brushed pewter distress crackle paint.
3.The card background was stamped using pumice stone and tattered rose distress inks and a flourish stamp.

4.The flower was cut from coordinations card using Tim Holtz tattered florals die, crumpled, sanded and then pumice stone distress ink lightly added and a button secured in centre.

5.The filmstrip ribbon is Tim holtz and I just love the sentiment from Creative Expressions.



Well here comes the sentimentality, I can't believe how fast my children are grown, at nearly 9, 7 and 2, the time has flown and made me realise that it is so very important to capture the moment..............How I wish I could bottle some of the times we have had and will have, not the sleepless nights though uurggh!
Anyway, thats all for now
thanks for visiting
share the love and leave a comment
ta trace x




9 comments :

  1. Hi ,I just came upon your blog while browsing and really like your work . Love how you did this card with the vintage image . Good luck in the challenge.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good - great stamping and I love how you have coiled the film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace, this is lovely! Love how you havd stamped the background and coiled that film, but that flower is amazing! Such a lot of work but so worth it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trace, I've been nosing about your blog again. Love the vintage feel of this card and the colors are beautiful. I've found that even the sleepless night are worth charishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful piece, looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh love the vintage feel of this card! What a great job girl! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card.... and the background swirls are wonderful.
    lynx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and I love what you did with the film strip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and pretty, Trace!! Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations for this lovely challenge piece!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x