Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 29 July 2012

a recipe challenge..

Well this is a challenge....
when the fab Michelle contacted me about the idea of doing a challenge thee.. idea, I jumped at the chance..
and it has been so much fun...she checked with the wonderful Ellen and Hels whose fab challenges can be seen on their blogs.
Michelles fab blog can be found here and her post for this challenge is here ....

For more challenge background see the fab Hels last challenge here and the lovely Ellens fab last challenge here.

So onto our challenge...we talked and set up a few items..which grew... So here they are :

Tim Holtz stamps
Blank dimensional book
Gilding flakes
Paint dabbers
Gesso
Stencils, die cuts
Distress and archival inks
Idea ology

it was so exciting!!! And then I kept thinking..ooh wonder what Michelles doing?!

so without further ado ... Here is mine..




and inside

I admit some of the products are things that have been in my stash for ages
and not seen the light of day..like the gilding flakes..
.if you had seen the mess I made, oh boy!
 yes I did have the window open and these are flighty to say the least...
I will leave the rest to your imagination.
.......let's just say everything sparkles!

I covered the the outside of the book with DI and then cogs,
well actually i put cogs everywhere...
cannot help myself!



the cogs were cut from grungepaper and grungeboard,
coloured with distress ink and then splodged with paint dabbers
in pitch black, copper and gold

 inside I added a stamped piece with cogs info, rolled and distressed, wings,
 bottles wrapped with stamped paper,
 ideaolgy....
and a compass made from a tim stamp.
.with glossy accents and gilding flakes added


and then the inside cover..with ideaology and more...
cogs!


the inside was painted with gesso mixed with
 paint dabbers and dabbed at ..

sorry about the long post for such a small piece , there was lots to show...

I have loved doing the challenge with Michelle and hope we can do another real soon!


I am entering this for the following competitions:


have a fun and inky day!

25 comments :

  1. Oooo Trace it's amazing, what a brilliant interpretation of our little bunch of ingredients. I really love your bottles and the gilding flakes around the edge. The cog with wings is just genius too! I had a great time, knowing that you were using the same things as me and seeing what we came up with. I can't wait for the next one. Thank you so much for playing along. Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW,WOW,WOW.. Hi Trace just come from Michelle's blog... boy o boy have you two wonderful ladies been busy... AmAzing Trace love it all.. the inside & out... fabulous design & detail...love it.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love that you both used the same and came up with totes different projects.... am chuffed that me and Els inspired you to do a recipe... tis such fun isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...oh my Trace, this is just outstanding, an amazing piece of work...loVe the colours and all the components, the cogs look like rusty metal, superb inking, blending & technique...a super recipe, made to perfection...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great piece - I LOVE all the cogs... you can never have too many! The cover is wonderful, and then you open up to all that fun stuff inside! I've got some gilding flakes waiting for me when I get home - I'll remember to keep the windows shut, thanks for the tip!! Gorgeous book, just fab! And I loved seeing all the details in detail!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace this looks amazing. Wow, what an incredible project. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMW Trace, I love, love, love it, it really does look like a very old book and I love all the cogs and the bottles. I have been using guilding flakes today too but kept the window closed......nice idea to do a challenge with a blog friend too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm missing words, that's breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing Tracey! I love all the elements that you've included - it's such fun when there's so much to look at. Problem is, it makes you want to touch it too doesn't it??!! I'm slowly converting to cogs and it's people with work like you that are doing it I think! I'm hopeless with gilding flakes - I had some free in a kit once and have avoided using them ever since the first time!
    Fab book.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great piece there Tracey. I daren't even think about gilding flakes, I make enough mess with glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did i told you that i love, love, love everything rusty? Great job!!! (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great grungy piece, Trace! I love it ALL!!! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic-so much work went into making it but well worth the effort for sure. Just love visiting your blog to see what you have made.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. There was lots to show--it's a wonderful piece!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is amazing, I love it.
    Thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantabulous, Trace! What a transformation.... it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is so awesome loooove it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Howdy,
    Outstanding book/box! I'm inspired.

    Come see my book...

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOOH!! What an amazing project with such funky details!! Thank you so much for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey hows things?? great stuff I have been missing since being away, love this book a lot.
    Fancy that tag swap?? I'll be the coward and let you pick the theme?? ;)
    mark. catch ya soon.
    email is mglandscapes00@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!What a stunning piece.I love it,there's so much to see.Thanks so much for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow stunning and so creative love all the details. thanks for entering it into our challenge at that craft place x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a stunning creation! Perfect for our challenge at It's all about the vintage and beauty! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x