Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 20 December 2012

tutorial for creative epressions Dt make

well here I am today with my final Dt make before Christmas for creative expressions.
 I will have posts tomorrow and Saturday and will then be having a Christmas blog break..
 
 
thanks to everyone who has stopped by, have a wonderful festive time ..
so here is my make today using the if the crown fits set of stamps
( I wanted to show how you could use it for something without using the crown..)
 
 
I will include step by step pictures and try not to ramble too much,
 
so I started by making the heart, cutting the shape ..
and suing Tim Holtz riveted patchwork
 
 
then apply black paint dabber using finger tip and rub off excess
 
 
now for the key around it, this is a brass creative expressions key
that has been coloured using silver alcohol ink
 
 
now the backgrounds, I embossed silver keys onto a torn strip of card
and applied stains direct from the craft sheet
and for Base card I embossed clear keys and applied
 
 
apply stains direct to craft mat and spritz with water
continue to dip in to these, heat dry and re-dip until happy with the layers of colour
 
 
and finally assemble
adding Tim idea-ology letters..coloured silver with alcohol inks
 
 
thanks for taking the time to stop by
wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and happy new year!
 
also if you haven't seen there is a wonderful free project to download
from the talented Sue Wilson
details here
 
have a fun and inky one!
 

12 comments :

  1. Another gorgeous piece of work. Thank you so much for all the comments on my work through out the year it is much appreciated. Happy Christmas and new year to you and your family. Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work as always and thank you for the tutorial.

    I have enjoyed seeing all of your makes since I found your blog and I have learnt so much.

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous make, especially love the background, lots of great techniques in one make!
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the colours on this one Trace, the mottled background is yummy and I love your heart. By the way do we get a week off next week then from the CE DT makes. I have not had an email lol. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tutorial taking us through your creative process... and another stunning make! The riveted patchwork heart is gorgeous, and I just love the lettering.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome, Trace!
    And thanks for the great tutorial!!

    Have a wonderful X-mas!!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a real beauty Trace, love the amazing background and the heart is just gorgeous too. Great tutorial. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tutorial! Love that heart and such a great design! Enjoy your break from blogging, which I may do as well! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just screams Trace style - love the way you've altered everything to blend together so well. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous tuorial Trace - and a stunning piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful tag. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The background looks absolutely fab Trace, and I heart your heart:) Have a wonderful christmas with your family. xx

    I not had an e-mail either lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x