Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 20 March 2013

feeling blue

well life has been and still is a little bumpy but my hand has appreciated the rest and is still improving albeit slower than I would like!! my missing mojo was last seen lurking under the desk, sulking in the corner..and finally James hospital appointment is next week so fingers crossed some good will come...

thanks to everyone who has been so utterly kind and sweet it means a lot!!

so there is a whistle stop tour and here I am ..with my blue make for the first indigo blu challenge all details here.... talk about last minute .com!

I decided to have a go at a hanging inspired by the super talented Alison aka buttefly in parts..as I ,ove her use of corrugated cardstock and decided to recyle a piece of a box from my latest goodies from the lovely Linda from funkiejunkieboutique, so hope Linda likes what I have done with her box... I need some playtime with the fab new goodies now!

so here is my make :


the theme is to use blue and only indigo blu stamps and I used grand tour 2 set. I started by cutting a piece from my box and removing patches of the cardstock from the surface. I then covered in gesso and left to dry..honest I really did !


then I coloured the background using Paperartsy mermaid paint mixed with gesso. When dry I layered broken china and faded jeans ink. In patches I added deco art two step crackle and then inked faded jeans into the crackles. I applied some wendy vecchi embossing paste in silver through a stencil to create texture and then added sapphire and pewter treasure gold..


The beautiful butterflies were inked in black archival, as were the words and wonderful sentiment.


 I then painted the butterflies with distress markers and a waterbrush and spritzed with perfect pearls.

 

Finally some wire, rude not to eh?, and some little bottles for the butterflies bodies.


Hopefully you haven't forgotten me and like my make .. chuffed that I made this from a box that would have been thrown . had so much fun and am sure there will be more of these to come!


I am entering this for the following:
blue @ http://community.indigoblu.com/?p=3086

 
thanks again to everyone..
have a fun and inky one
hugs trace  x 


24 comments :

  1. Beautiful. I love the stamp you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome hanging Trace. Adore the crackles and the Wendy Vecchi paste parts, and of course the butterflies are so clever. Sending you all huge hugs and very best wishes, Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your combo of the bottles and butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Trace, this is stunning! Love the background and the little bottles on the butterflies are inspired! Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely fabolous! Just love it! wonderful!
    XOXO SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Trace, love the whole effect you have achieved. Good luck with James' appointment. x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love your make!!
    Your design is awesome and I so love the sentiment you used!!! (Is it a stamp?)

    Anyone would be thrilled to have this piece. I know I would even if it is blue and not purple....lol

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Trace. Love the corrugated card, and your butterflies are stunning. Great idea using the bottles for the bodies - love it!
    Glad to hear your hand is on the mend. Take care.
    Thanks for joining in with the first Indigo Blu Challenege. Godd luck. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trace - love the crackle and the butterflies with bottles - oh and the sentiment ! That'll be everything then!!! Hope the tests prove useful - big hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trace, sending you hugs, sounds like you are having a rough time at the min, hope things improve and quick. Lovely hanging, so much wonderful texture from the corrugated card and texture paste . Love the butterflies, crackle and the tone on tone blue. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous hanging and I do love that corrugated cardboard! Sending you good thoughts and prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi trace,this is such a great project,love the bottles you have used for the butterflies bodies.Really like this.Hope life is treating you kind.Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Trace, you could never be forgotten and you have certainly been in my thoughts. Love this gorgeous make, the blues, the stencilling, the butterlies and their bottle bodies all come together so well. You really are an inspiration. Good to hear that the hand is improving albeit slowly. Hope you get a good result next week too. Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful craftwork! I completely forgot about this challenges... Good luck with the challenges and fingers crossed for the appointment! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed you greatly Trace. This piece is so fascinating and thanks for the great tutorial. Beautiful work. Glad your hand is improving and hopefully James gets good results next week. Thinking of you. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...a beautiful hanging Trace, loving the blues and the way the gorgeous crackle melts through the piece, genius idea of the tiny bottles too giving the flutterby's that steampunky look...fabulous...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous project Trace ! Looks like your mojo is is on it's way back ! I hope things improve soon for you at home. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful hanging Trace, it's great fun playing with cardboard isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really one cool wall hanging and I see you have used your twisted wire on this. One of your trademarks I love. I love all the texture and am constantly amazed at how you know to do all this. Wonderful creation. I hope that all will be well with you and your family Trace.
    Sandy







    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pleased things are looking brighter for you Trace and I hope they continue that way.

    This is a beautiful hanging-love the way you used the little bottles

    Best wishes Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely glorious, Trace... how funny, I popped in yesterday to see whether you'd been up to anything - must've been just before you posted!! This is so fab - LOVE the crackle on the papery parts of the card - gorgeous shimmery blue. The butterflies are so cute, and that textured script is completely to die for! So pleased I helped nudge you towards old cardboard boxes (thanks for the mention) - there'll be no stopping you now - as long as the hand continues to improve.

    Will be keeping fingers firmly crossed for the appointment - much love to you and the family,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful hanging with so many stunning details to admire,. Love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous!!!!! Will PIN when I return home!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think your mojo came out and had a party!! This is superb Trace. I love everything about it: the colour, the corrugated card, the paint, the crackle, the beautiful butterflies, the silver paste writing - just ALL of it! I only have one set of Indigo Blue and I'm not sure they would work. Never mind!
    You know that I wish you and little James all the best next week.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x