Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Treasures within for Frilly and Funkie DT

Well it is half way through the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and the theme is My Steamer trunk, for plenty of amazing inspiration pop across here and see some amazing makes by my team mates.

 Do you ever see a challenge and create a piece somehow realising that you have gone off in the complete opposite direction to everyone else and they may well think you are bonkers! Well pop across see my team mates gorgeous makes and bear my make below in mind and you may well get what I mean!!

So here is my make :


 and now for the hidden treasures..


I went for the travelling salesman type , away from home with all his pills and potions for sale as well as family photos and stuff...I know maybe I really have lost the plot! It just appealed to me and the fun of making labels, distressing tiny photos, books, muslin and more really was a ball! And lots of idea-ology play is always up my street!

So I started with a papier mache suitcase and believe me , when I say this is a lot tinier than I imagined before I started... but I inked, painted and scuffed until happy and added labels and a tiny label, die cut and inked.

then onto the inside, firstly I needed a little shelf to sit my vials on...and an art part was perfect.


I found a little dolls house book and gave it the distress treatment..also a little map from a Tim Holtz paper stack, distressed with vintage photo distress re-inker in mini mister


then filled little bottles with film strip ( who knows what gems these may contain)


had such fun filling these vials!, rusty wire and a label compete this one...


 poison (using rub on and talcum powder) , a crackled bottle using Wendy Vecchis' technique of glue and seal and then rock candy..., watch parts, old paper...I tell you such fun!

 
Now for the other side of the case..

 
lots more goodies, maybe treasured photos, or spooky keepsakes?!



 
I think you can tell, I may have gone off on a slight...ahem....large tangent but I had FUN!!!

Anyway there is still a week to join in the fun and all the items I used from the Funkie Junkie Boutique are listed below...Make sure you pop across here to see my team mates makes, they are gorgeous !



have a fun and inky day!
Trace x 

26 comments :

  1. Oh my GOSH Trace! That look AMAZING!
    I am thrilled about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous alteration Trace and I don't think you've lost the plot! A really creative use of the challenge theme and love the quirkiness.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing. A case full of interest and imagination

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous case, really beautifully made and such a gorgeous vintage piece.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter eat your heart out!! This little lot could do some serious damage to 'the one who must not be named'!! Easily good enough to be a CHA sample Trace. You are a genius. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trace, I think this has to be my favourite piece by you - ever! It is so wonderful, I love all the bottles and the way you distressed the doll house book is genius - this is so up my street, I LOVE it! Great case too. This is perfection in my eyes...... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - forgot to ask, can I Pin this please? A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great alteration Trace, all those tiny stuff inside...looks like it was burried for years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trace this is amazing, I love all the different things you have used to fill the little bottles with lotions and potions love the rock candy one and the distressed dolls house book. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trace, I can't tell you how much I love this little suitcase of curiosities! It's just fabulous and must have been so much fun to make! I'm definitely going to look for a little paper mâché suitcase and give this a try. You've outdone yourself here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, I love what you did! At first when I saw the poison bottle I thought of a traveling assassin.....lol.
    Art is about expressing YOUR interpretation....and I believe you did an awesome job. Love the direction you went. Original and totally you!!!
    Awesome work.

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun treasure suitcase! So inventive in what you put in it and made! Sunny greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome!! Love this suitcase!! You are soooo talented, dear Trace and your workis truely inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Trace!! You are right it is very different from the other makes, but that is just fantastic in my opinion! Love the idea, love your suitcase and the content looks like so much fun, both in the making I am sure and for looking at. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW - this is brilliant Trace! I adore the contents - all those little vials and potions look amazing! I can really see the TH chemist carrying this. Stunningly put together. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think you've lost the plot at all... or if you have, I like your plot just as much!! Amazing vintage distressing on the outside of the case and those fabulous labels... and the care and attention to detail on the inside is jaw-dropping. I love everything in the vials - so creative and fun. A brilliant, brilliant make, Trace - I LOVE it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, awesome project. The contents of the case look brilliant.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your bonkerness, Trace! I never would have thought the trunk was paper and it is fabulous! Love the little inside treasures. Too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, don't knock it Trace. It's fabulous. It looks really, really old and all the contents are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of all the things you have ever made I do think this is my favorite - I love this. I was thinking of something clever to say when I saw the suitcase but everything went completely out of my mind when I saw the inside of the case.
    Wow and fabulous and double wow again!!!!! I don't know how to tell you how wonderful your make is. Congratulations kid - you hit the jackpot!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. An amazing valise ... Great interpretation of the theme! I can't believe how many teeny tiny things you've made. A really fab alteration, Trace!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AWESOME!!! Love how your mind thinks! This looks so realistic too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I completely LOVE that, it's right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wohow, how cool. Such an outstanding piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your scary suitcase full of potions and "oddities" is outstanding, Tracy. I love it all! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun project, Trace! Love all those little bottles and how each one is so different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x