Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 1 May 2015

treasure those special moments - for A Vintage Journey

Well the new theme over at A Vintage Journey is Spring Colours and with so many ways to interpret this theme its full of creative possibilities! To me the Spring is about the blossoming flowers and soft mellow sunshine that breaks through with its soft warmth and not yet intense heat and colour of the summer. So here is my make :


So I started by covering my mdf square in the resist motif paper stack.  I inked with scattered straw and squeezed lemonade two colours that I am ashamed to say don't get much of an outing.. I then spritzed some water and allowed the colours to drip, dried and spritzed with some distress spray stain. I just so love how the distress palette is so yummy and all three products just work so well together .


 I edged the whole piece in walnut stain distress ink to edge the whole piece.. and added some seam binding dyed with same colours of distress .



I am not normally a yellow person, but this mellow yellow reminds me of the soft sunshine that appears in spring, although grey and rainy here today :( .


Now for the fun , collage element, I tend to gather things together and faff about until I am happy, faff being a technical term for shuffle stuff about and waste a lot of time until it looks right , well to me anyway!


Now for the details ...as you know I have a teensy thing for the found relatives cards ..and yes another one found its way on here..scuffed and then various Tim goodies were added, a die cut word..loving these new thinlits! One of the new fractured dolls..yum! a typed token ..love these too...well lets face it I do have a small thing for idea-ology!


I was so sad to see the fractured dolls go and am so pleased that they are back in some form...!


I made some flowers using cardstock, coloured with distress and added resin flower centres from idea-ology range, dabbed with distress paint.


  and a smaller flower here ..with foliage leaves from idea-ology..


And this is how it all fits together, make sure you hop across to the blog here , for lots more DT inspiration..and remember you now have a whole month to play along with all your Tim inspired creations! so why not join in the fun!


keep those fingers inky!
see you in a few hours for my Country View Crafts piece x
trace x


21 comments :

  1. For using an unusual color, you have certainly nailed it. I love all the ways you have used color and the Photo Booth pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely page you created Trace! so pretty in the shades of yellow and all the wonderful layers of ephemera! hugs, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic with the wonderful yellow you introduced on the flowers and ribbon

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully muted and cleverly designed Trace. Love this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Trace - I adore the soft yellows on this piece - its just beautiful. Big Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous layout Trace! I love the number background, it's a great way to add interest! Your flower is beautiful and the touches of yellow are so pretty against the neutrals! Wonderful! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Trace!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful interpretation of the theme Trace! Love how you used the resist paper! The delicate yellow is so pretty, I really adore how you put this whole piece together, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Trace and reminds me of the childhood film The Railway Children. The soft vintage yellows are a pretty addition.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Trace! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The found relatives look like they are in spring attire Trace! Perfect for the setting that you have displayed around them. Thanks bunches for sharing. j.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this perfectly captures the mellow spring sunshine you're talking about, as well as daffodils and buttercups and all those lovely gentle spring flowers. A really lovely vintage collage.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trace, gorgeous as ever. Love all the detail. Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous piece of wall art! Trace You really have captured the subtle warmth of the springtime sun with the mellow yellow tones. The monochrome photo n silver token also give a perfect nod to the grey, rainy days that are usually a part of Spring too .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeously springlike in colour and composition Trace. I really love how you layered all those wonderful elements within the soft yellow's. Just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab project and would make a lovely scrap book page xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Trace!! I can't tell you how much I LOVE this mdf creation you've made! I LOVE yellow!! No, really! Yellow is my favorite color and I'm so glad that you brought yours out to play :) (I had a vw beetle whose color was called mello yellow) :) :) Love the resist stock background and your faffing is fabulous! :) There's such a nice story being told with this piece, Trace! I LOVE IT!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trace, this is such a lovely and vintage springtime treat! Love the soft touches of yellow and all the layers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always enjoy your projects Trace and usually see them on FB. Such a treat to be able to see your step by step photos. This is vintage fabulousness! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Trace, love your mellow yellow take on Astrid's prompt, beautiful colour palette and it is 'faffed' to perfection with vintage yumminess! So lovely, thanks for sharing your beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This vintage piece is so delicate and beautiful! Great interpretation of the theme as always! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x