Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Painty playtime

Well it has been a while and I cannot say that I have managed to make anything much of a finished nature .... but I have decided to have a bit more of a play with some of my DecoArt paints and some techniques from Andy Skinner ..

These will be put into a final piece but for today were just the results of some weekend playtime and just getting back into something painty...

so here goes ..

I have followed the steps from the timeworn workshop , which I have re enrolled to and this time its a lifetime access .... all the details can be found on Andy Skinner's blog

I have never tried this one before....and am quite pleased with how it turned out ..


and this is another piece ...



A rusty piece , which I have tried before ...needs a bit more work...


This is a rusty textured piece, but still wet ...and needs a bit more work...


and this wood technique can be found from A Vintage Journey blog, used by Brenda Brown... of bumblebees and  butterflies blog...


and this is a work in progress ...


so there you go, no final make, just some work in progress and some learning in my painty playtime.

keep those fingers inky!
or in this case painty!!

trace x

5 comments :

  1. Whenever you get time to play the results are always stunning Trace, particularly the first piece, - wow, it has the most stunning patina effects, it looks super, the other pieces look fantastic too, that one just happened to be my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Painty playtime results! Trace Looks like a good time was had with those paints and AS.
    Looking forward to seeing them appear in your future work .
    Good luck with the course - though I know you won't need it - you're a natural.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are all wonderful samples Trace, you clearly had lots of fun creating these - I love how the faux wood turned out, it looks amazing! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work Trace - lovely to see the results of the techniques you've been playing with - wonderful! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know how I missed this post Trace but grerast results from your playtime and thanks for the shout out xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x