Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 1 May 2013

every possibilty begins with courage..for dragons dream DT

Well it is a busy day as this is Dt post one of two for today...so I will try and keep this short and sweet. Over at Dragons-dream TIO the lovely Sylvia has chosen our recipe this week and it is ...to use brown, hands and vellum. The only other rule is to make a tag and use at least on real stamp. So here is my make :


So I started to create a brown inky background and layered lots of stamping in inks and distress paints...I love how these combine together to add another layer...these paints are yummy!

 

 I then added some rusty wire net from the FunkieJunkieBoutique. I added this fab sentiment, a Tim one...and lots of rusty wire...did I ever say I love this ?!


Now for the vellum, I have to admit it is not something I use but I found some and made these flowers and added little clocks for centres.
 


 Then I added my hands...they could be leaves or ticking clock hands?! I added lots of staples from my mini attacher...love thi too and a bow tied with seam binding dyed in lots of yummy brown distress colours.x

make sure you pop across to dragons-dreamTIO, to see the other fab DT makes and maybe pop in a dream yourself!

have a fun and inky day!
trace x

10 comments :

  1. Superb Trace! Love those vellum flowers (great idea - must try them) and their clock centres. And what a clever idea to use the hands as leaves! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning ideas on this tag with contrasts that happily go together to make it amazing.

    Have a lovely day

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty from you Trace. I love the wire background and the vellum flowers look beautiful with their clock centres - a wonderful combination of embellishments. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum - love the wire mesh, and fabulous inky painty background... I know what you mean about the busy day!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner! Love the colours and the wonderful embellishments. Certainly a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Trace I love the flowers with the little clocks in. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Trace, Love your flowers fabulous idea to use the clocks...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of materials and elements Trace, a gorgeous design.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag Trace! I'm not for vellum either but it does make lovely florals doesn't it? The way you've used the hands is really creative - great idea. Oh and you do brown so beautifully!
    Hugs, Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous tag with fabulous details. Your flowers look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x