Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 6 January 2014

Do a double take for Creative Expressions DT

Well this month over at Creative expressions we have been playing with antique dressforms plate and also some of their singles range from which the bags below come. These singles range come pre cut and pre mounted ...so are ready to go!  I decided to play around with texture paste and gilding wax to make two cards that are the same but different!

So here is card no 1 : using singles stamp ..bijou bag 


and here is card no 2 : using  rose blossom purse


so card no 1 . I started by creating a background using clear texture paste mixed with antique linen distress paint and spreading it on , then spritzing newsprint flourish stamp with water and stamping into paste to create some texture.


When dry the rest of the background was coloured using frayed burlap distress ink. For the bag itself I stamped the image using frayed burlap distress ink and then clear embossing. I water coloured the bag using water brush and distress markers in antique linen and frayed burlap.


For detail I added some polished silk glitter in sahara. I also stamped the sentiment from the set and added some cheesecloth and a paper rose dabbed with distress paint .


For card no 2 : I created another background , still using paste but through some old sequin waste , and when dry coloured with frayed burlap Distress Ink. I also highlighted the raised areas with enchanted gold gilding wax.


The paler areas are where I flicked some water and blotted off some of the ink...it is so much fun to play creating backgrounds..

For the bag ( rose blossom ) I stamped in frayed burlap and clear embossed and then painted the main body of the bag using the gilding wax. I did this by scooping a little into a palette and adding a couple of drops of blending solution... you may choose to have some ventilation...and then mixing into a paint. I have kept a dedicated brush too.


The edges of the bag were coloured using distress markers and I added some dots of gold pearl pva for the clasp.


Another sentiment, some cheesecloth and a flower and a little flourish stamp and there you have it , 2 stamps, 2 cards... the same but different!? 

thanks for stopping by it means a lot ...see you next week when I have been playing with the antique dressforms plate x 

Make sure you pop across to the Creative Expressions news blog where all the DT show case their projects on a daily basis .x

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.  ~e.e. cummings



15 comments :

  1. Lush! These are so pretty Trace :-) I'm going to have to bookmark this one & refer back when I get home to my crafting goodies!!!!!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Trace.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Such a lot of work you did on these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pieces are wonderful, love the monochrome look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant and subtle - love the textured background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little handbag, Trace! Great card and texture! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards Trace and I love the wonderful layers of texture you have created. An absolute treat to the eye. Love your new look blog too.

    Best Wishes

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards both of them Trace! The backgrounds are gorgeous and I have to say I like those shabby bag stamps and you have coloured them so beautifully, - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bags are so elegant Trace and I love the embellishments you have used. Lovely work! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Trace! I just don't know how in the world you come up with all these different ideas of what to do. Thank goodness you do because he helps me learn - It is just that I am so slow. Wonderful cards Sugar!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pale, soft, delicate and very elegant comes to mind with both these cards Trace. Fabulous stamping but wish I hadn't seen them because they are now on my wish list. Cheesecloth must be my fave medium to use on a card and I love what you have done with it.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colour palette! These are gorgeous Trace! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x