Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 20 January 2014

tres chic hanging piece for Creative Expressions DT and a huge thanks

Well before I start my post I want to say a huge thank you for all the very lovely comments and also a huge welcome to my new followers. I appreciate each and every one of your comments and each and every new follower who has taken the time to stop by my blog.

It was a rather busy week last week sorting my son out but here I am hoping to do a better job of commenting and blog hopping this week! 

So this month we have had the antique dressforms to play with and this week I have a hanging piece, again the computer has decided in its wisdom that you don't need the step by step photos and wont let me have them so here we are :


So as I don't have all the step x step pictures I will just give you a quick whizz through and spare you the lenghty post ....she says ...you can live in hope that my posts will be short and sweet! I tarted with an offcut of mountboard ..am hooked on playing with this stuff..which I covered with a piece of ivory card as I love how it takes inks and stains .


I applied some texture paste mixed with paint through a yummy Tim stencil, left to dry and then played with stains to create a background. A bit of flick and spritz to add some detail and interest .

Now I collected some papers ( Tim ones ) together and gave a coat of picket fence stain to tie all the colours and soften the design slightly .

I also used a heartfelt creations die to cut some flowers from the same papers and added a long fastener to the centre.


I added some of the great Creative Expressions cream crochet lace to tie in with the colours and vintage feel. 

now for the stamp....which I used as the focal image, I stamped this in jet black archival onto a piece of cardstock coloured with Distress Ink.


I also added a chit chat sticker and also some lettering ( die cut from word play die ) to complete my vintage style hanging. This shows how one really good stamp can be the basis for a larger piece and this set has some great dressforms to choose from. To hang this piece up I added some holes at the top and some rusty wire.

Well I will see you here next Monday for my final piece using these stamps ... and there will be some more crafty makes before then...

may your hearts be full and happy  xx


15 comments :

  1. A delightful feminine piece Trace, a gorgeous muted palette and fabulous design which is balanced beautifully. Love the chalky finish from the picket fence distress stain.
    Have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and ink techniques. Really nice.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning Trace - so very elegant - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous piece Trace with all your special signature touches, that dress form stamp is very pretty and you have shown it off just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation Trace. Right up my street so to speak. As a Dressmaker all of my life I just love what you have created with those stamps. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful, great vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trace, your wonderful creation really is 'tres chic'! Love this piece. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my all time favourite themes.
    This is gorgeous, so many beautiful details on your hanging.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous collage hanging Trace. Wonderful colours and background but I so love those flowers. TFS and crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is tres chic, Trace - lovely muted colours and subtle distressing on the paper elements - delicious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Trace! I love all the sewing themed bits and images and the subtle coloring! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the way the sewing theme is running through this so clearly, held together with your trademark colour scheme and fabulous embossing. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great these gray-brown combi! Looks even more vintage through the colors! Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x