Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 1 January 2014

make mine a monochrome...for countryviewcrafts DT

Well it is a new year so first to wish you all a happy and healthy new year full of peace and happiness and dreams xx So being the first of the month it is time for a new challenge over at CountryViewCrafts blog and the theme is monochrome........... an absolute favourite of mine!
So here is my first make for this theme for the month....can you guess what colour I am going for ?
Well I went for an art part steampunk creation , full of wonderful distress goodness. I added lots of yummy idea-ology, layers and textures in monochrome.
I started by painting the fab wendy Vecchi Art parts in distress paint...and layering the cogs with distress embossing powders...my own rusty mix of colours to create a rusty feel..
Sorry about the light but I had to use a lamp as it was so dull and grey when I tried to take the pictures. I also rusted the clock and spinner to add texture and to blend in with the browns x
I added little art parts shelves that I added distress embossing powder too....idea-ology bottles...some crackled using Wendy Vecchis technique and also one full of tiny watch parts...one wrapped in rusty wire.. I love filling these pieces full of rusty finds, idea-ology and lots more ..
My favourite quotes and steampunk gents stamped and distressed, more idea-ology...another rusty shelf...
Some layers of texture paste coloured with distress paint create another layer...more rusty wire and some of my dad's old rusty screws...
A couple of my all time favourite Tim Holtz words stamps...and there you have it my monochrome make.
So here is wishing you all a happy , Healthy year xx
and my thought for myself for the year........... to make it count! - be it family time, me time or decisions for the future, to make each moment count, as moments are precious and making moments count makes memories which are precious too xx

But what minutes! Count them by sensation, and not by calendars, and each moment is a day.
- Benjamin Disraeli
 
I am still having some family time out but will catch up with you all real soon xx

21 comments :

  1. Happy New Year Trace. Wow. This is Absolutely stunning. Lots of interesting things to see. I love all the rusting and the sepia look is fabulous. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Trace! Hope you had a good Christmas, Happy New Year! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece is so very you Trace - and an absolute delight! Happy New Year to you too and hope 2014 is a good one for you. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful - wonderful make Trace - love all the fabulous details -Happy New Year! Big Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Trace, I always love to see your 3D pieces of art, they are full of wonderful textures, materials and colour and this is no exception. Your crackled and wire covered bottles look amazing.
    I am looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations again this year.
    Happy 2014 to you and your family.
    hugs {brenda} x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Trace! Every part of it! Happy New Year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Steampunk creation, Trace - love all the bits and bobs you've used - and brilliant textures - love it!
    Wishing you and yours a fabulous 2014!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning steampunk make Trace, I love monochrome and you are an absolute master at it!!
    Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing more of your work in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's breathtaking, so many fantastic details. Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative year 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Trace. Lovely piece here. Love it.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great make! I love so many of the little details you put in to it! They make it into a creation that is never dull and can inspire you! I look forward to see more of youre lovely creations in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Trace. This style is right up my street. Love it x

    Happy New Year

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Tracy. Could I ask which stamp set the 'Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey' as it would be suitable for a friend s card. Hope you don't mind me asking. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Trace. I saw this on the CVC site earlier & I love it, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trace i love so much this piece! It's absolutely wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing !!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful monochromatic make Trace. Love the steampunk feel and all the embellies used plus the sentiments work perfectly.

    I hope 2014 brings you health, wealth and above all true happiness.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already saw this fantastic piece at CVC and I had to pop in to live comment….I love it, fantastic combination of Ideology items and of course I love rusty gear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you and yours Trace - may 2014 bring you all that you wish for. Fantastic piece here - lots of stunning little details included. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fabulous! Love how you made little ledges to hold all the sweet bottles. Happy New Year, Trace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x