Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 8 January 2014

New year's resolutions for Frilly and Funkie ... be kind to yourself

Well the new theme over at Frilly and Funkie is New Year's resolutions...and here are all the details :
It's time again for new beginnings and New Year's Resolutions. We know you got 'em. Even though you might not have written them down, told your significant other or shared them with your BFF, there are still some positive aspirations lurking in the back of your brain. Now it's time to share them.  Let's see a card, tag or project depicting a New Year's resolution.

So when I made my piece , I thought long and hard about the year I have had and decided that many things had taken all my efforts and energies and that to be a better person for all those I love and care about I need to remember to be kind to myself too...so that was mine... (however  I wish I had chosen Make it count, as sometimes sad events in our lives, that surround us, make us realise life is precious and we must make each moment count! Enjoy and savour life x)
So here is my make :
I started by colouring the canvas with antique linen distress paint and lots of spritzing, as I wanted a really soft colour. I then added some gorgeous flourishes using Wendy Vecchi texture paste in white, this stuff is fab and I am almost finished my second pot! I applied it trough one of the lovely Wendy's stencils, just love this flourish shape.
 When dry I added some script and flourish stamping in frayed burlap distress ink. I also added ink and some treasure gold in white fire to highlight the raised areas and texture.
I dyed some cheesecloth using left over to almost soften the heart...and the heart is a great Wendy Vecchi art part painted in rock candy crackle paint and when dry antique linen distress paint added and then swiped with treasure gold.

Now for the letters I used my trusty word play die and cut the letters from grungepaper, coloured with frayed burlap paint and then coated with glossy accents.

Well make sure you pop across and see what my fab teams mates have made , and also pop in an entry yourself!
Today  I am saying my final goodbyes to my Grandad, so may your star shine brightly xx 
Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
 the things you are, the things you never want to lose.  
~From the television show The Wonder Years


15 comments :

  1. Absolutely beautiful Trace and such a good resolution to choose. I adore the flourishes, the muslin wrapping up your heart and the heart itself. Hope this is displayed prominently at home. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great resolution to have made Trace and I am sure this beautiful piece will help you remember to 'Be Kind to Yourself' as you certainly deserve to be.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Trace, the crackled heart over the textured background creates fabulous dimension and I love the subtle colours. Love the mantra and definitely one we should all adhere to.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a great resolve to have Trace, it was a tough year for you last year and I hope you keep this beautiful canvas on show so that it reminds you each and every day to do just what it says..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love your choice on the New Years resolution, Trace,
    as it is the same resolution I made. I know that sometimes life can get so dense and straining, that we almost forget about ourselves because all our energy left goes into caring for our loved ones. (which sounds as if we did not count ourselves in when it comes to "loved ones"...I often wonder why it is that way). I wish you all the best for 2014 and that you may regain a lot of strength and confidence!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    PS:..erm....your canvas is awesome by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stamped and raised swirls! And that text is ever so true! Hope we can stick to it? Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. A breathtaking canvas, great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous canvas Trace - I love all those wonderful subtle colours A great resolution too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning piece Trace - I just adore the fluorishes and the stencil is just beautiful - I hope you keep your resolution Trace - its so important xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Fab background..loving the soft colors. And that stencil, well it's on my must have list! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trace, that is so very beautiful, the heart looks amazing. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous texture on this, and I adore the white!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, Trace - and a really valuable resolution too... I love the crackle on the heart - so gorgeous - and the wonderful flourishes framing it. Fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love this hun the dimension is brillinant hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I love how you did your canvas! That is awesome, so much texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x