Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 16 January 2014

have courage .. for countryviewcrafts monotone challenge dt piece

Well here is my second piece for the month for the challenge over at countryviewcrafts challenge blog and this month the theme is monotone.... so much a favourite of mine. So without further ado here is my make for today :


So for this piece I chose to work in softer tones and tried really hard to make a fairly gentle piece...not sure if I achieved that or not? but I started with an mdf base, covered in ivory cardstock and then got playing with some yummy antique linen distress paint...


I then added a bit of script and these gorgeous flourish stamps, stamped with distress paint... then  onto all the decorations :


So here are some of the pieces that went to make the finished piece, the flowers...cut from ivory cardstock , edged with vintage photo an then made using a tutorial by the lovely Jennie...which can be found here....... now I know they are not up to her amazing standard but I do think I may be slowly getting better!


her tutorial just gives the fab Tattered floral die by Tim Holtz another fab look. 


The sentiment is one of the last year release from Tim that I love, stamped in coffee archival and clear embossed. the foliage was all cut from spellbinders foliage 2, but let me tell you about a fab thing...have you tried the new magnetic plate for die cutting...if not wow its so cool, no more bits of sticky tape to keep those fiddly dies in place ..this is fab..

Now for the leaves...i love playing with my melt pot and there is a great technique using the melt pot with UTEE and shrink plastic that I never tire of...its just so cool! 
So here is how I made these leaves :





I die cut some clear shrink plastic using the tattered leaves die..set aside and added clear UTEE to my melt pot and left to do its melty magic...then  when all melty I added the die cut shrink plastic leaf and wow it curls and shrinks...then removed with tweezers but the really cool thing is it gets coated in a gorgeous UTEE coating giving a really wonderful glossy sheen .

To complete the piece I added some pearls to the flower centres, some embossed flourishes to the base using sticky embossing powder and rock candy distress glitter and there you have it my monochrome make...


( sorry no pearls in this one above , they were a last minute touch!)


make sure you pop across and see all the other fab DT and GDT makes and maybe join in the fun...you never know you could win a voucher or be chosen to GD next month ...we would love to see you playing along!

keep those hearts full and happy x


25 comments :

  1. Gorgeous Trace, love the flowers and leaves, great techniques.
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece Trace. Thought I recognised those flowers and the addition of the clear leaves is so effective. Love it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, stunningly beautiful, I love them.
    They really appeal to me, I love making my own flowers.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trace,
    Hope you are well...
    I've been browsing your blog and there's so many yummy makes here!
    This latest one is gorgeous and I find your ideas and tips really inspirational.
    Thanks for sharing such lovely pieces.
    Have a good day, crafty hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful with a wonderful quote. I had forgotten about Jennie's tutorial so thank you for the link which I had lost.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Trace, this is so beautiful! The background is beautiful already, but the way you have enhanced it with those gorgeous flowers and leaves is just stunning!! Such a great step by step too, - must give those shrink plastic leaves a try at some point. My melt pot has not seen the light of day for months and months.... Oh and I think your flowers worked out really well, I think you have mastered them to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did manage a gentle piece Trace and your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trace, I adore this piece, and if gentle you mean delicate, you have achieved this perfectly. I love the flowers and will be popping over to Jennies blog for a nosey. I also love the shrink plastic leaves, I use this loads but never thought of putting it in my melt pot so I will be trying this too. Lovely sentiment, perfect for this project. Thanks so much for the inspiration and sharing this. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your flowers look amazing! Have to practice myself a lot to come close to these...! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Trace! The softness of the colours makes this such a stunning piece. And your flowers are fabulous!! Thanks for link xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trace, if anyone has courage to be themselves, you have! Your work is always beautiful and always 'you', but this is so You it is just stunning. I love it. It totally inspires. The flowers are gorgeous, you just long to touch them and the composition is fabulous. You have so nailed the beauty of monochrome. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is so beautiful. I have linked to follow your blog.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do monotone so well. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the flowers and those clear leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous piece Trace. Love the soft gentle colours you have used. Those pearls are the perfect finish too.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exquisite in the gentleness it exudes.
    Your flowers are always so stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a delicate and beautiful hanging, Trace! Love the floral arrangements around that sentiment! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A breathtaking creation, love all the amazing flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous project, loving the soft colours and details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely gentle, and so exquisitely pretty - this is achingly lovely, Trace!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Trace! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous, will try the melt pop technique with shrink plastic , thank you . Just off th see the tutorial regarding flowers, you can never have too many flowers in my opinion. Lots of love julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gorgeousness! Love your monochromatic masterpiece! And especially the flowers and leaves! Cool techniques! This is so very beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oops!!! This is so very beautiful!!! The ? Was a typo!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Trace your monotone piece is so elegant. I am in love with those gorgeous flowers that you've included on this piece. The die cut vines mixed amongst those gorgeous flowers really lend such a soft, shabby feeling. The torn edges where your sentiment stamped in brown is located is also a nice touch. Love it! I also wanted to take a second to thank you for your very sweet comment that you left on my blog regarding my last post for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x