Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 19 October 2014

in a winter wonderland

Well here I am with my second offering for the sparkle and shine challenge over at Country View Crafts challenge blog. For my second piece I have used another of the gorgeous occasions found relatives and some more vintage sparkle and shine. So here is my make :


I am loving making these pieces on mdf panels as they give me the space i need and just make such nice pieces . I love the occasions relatives cards and they just seem to make such a great focal point. So onto the details of the piece .... The background was a piece of Tim Holtz paper in a neutral colour and scuffed and distressed a little as I love the feel it gives the finished piece . I then edged in walnut stain and vintage photo distress ink.


I then used a piece of cheesecloth for the softness and the place behind the occasions relatives card. ( sorry about funny colour on photo below ). I added some of the white festive remnant rub ons as they fill spaces and create a little detail without detracting form focal point.


Around the bottom I tied some seam binding and a gorgeous ideaology ice skate charm....and some more rub ons. I then made some of these gorgeous snowflakes with a gum drop centre..using Tim Holtz strip die.Inking the edges with distress ink.


  Here is the ice skate idea-ology charm close up ..added onto dyed seam binding using picket fence distress stain .
 
And this shows off the white rub ons perfectly...cool eh?


There is still plenty of time to join in the sparkle and shine competition. have fun x


11 comments :

  1. This is fantastic and I just love the way you have let some of the MDF show at the edges-always something new to inspire from you.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite simply - stunning! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece of Art Trace. Love the combinations too. Enjoy your Sunday. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful vintagy and christmassy collage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece Trace!!! Amazing muted vintage color palette to let the photo and the snowflakes shine. That cheesecloth and the lovely bow on the pic is perfect for that soft snowy winter feel you were going for. And I just love that little skate charm. Such a wonderful winter make. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, Trace! The soft neural colored background is beautiful with the glitter and sparkle. Love the added cheesecloth. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore this beautiful shabby vintage card Trace, gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun and beautiful vintage piece again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicate, gorgeous piece TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strolling through Country View, I came upon this lovely piece of art from you. Just the type of vintage I love and admire. Helene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x