Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 1 April 2015

treasured memories for Country View Crafts

Well it is time for me to re-join my team mates over at Country View Crafts and the theme for this month is to use kraft card, I used kraft resist paper stack for my kraft card as I love all the textures and details on it .


I used lots of Tim Holtz goodies, ephemera and photo booth cards. I also played with one of the new release distress colours Abandoned Coral.. The boxes were made using Eileen Hull dies and are becoming firm favourites! I also used the heart die from Tim Holtz , which has so many wonderful shaped and sized hearts perfect for any occasion.

For the recipe box , I covered some thick card with kraft resist paper stack and then die cut the box.. I also die cut 5 recipe cards covered in kraft resist paper stack.... I then added lots of yummy layers .



I used the plain side to cover the cards and then added torn strips of the kraft resist and printed side , I then added layers of tissue tape coloured with Abandoned Coral distress paint.. I used this for all the cards and then added ephemera and photo booth cards and idea-ology cards for the details see below.


The box has the resist side of the kraft paper side up and again strips of coloured tissue tape added.


To complete the box I added a piece of ephemera and a heart die cut using abandoned coral distress paint edged in walnut stain distress ink . I added a typed token to tie box shut dyed with same colour and added paint to the typed token.


Here are the 5 cards...lots of ephemera ,abandoned coral, distressed pieces edged in walnut stain and some more hearts..and some kraft chit chat stickers .


Here are the cards in detail...this is the little boy ..

And this lovely man .. the father..


Now the little girl..


...mum


and  the happy couple ...


Make sure you hop across here to see all my team mates gorgeous makes ...and remember you have a month to play along and could be picked to guest design or be lucky winner of a voucher to spend over at Country View Crafts.

keep those fingers inky!
trace x 

16 comments :

  1. Fab creations and good to see back on the CVC team xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection of memories Trace and I love the holder you have made for them

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Trace and so TH x I love your boxes and the cards that go inside. Great use of Tim's dies and new ephemera.

    TFS and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project Trace! Love the vintage feel to this, and the kraft works so perfectly with the soft warm tones to your accents. Such a great recipe box! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trace, as always, your creation is fabulous. I love the 'family' idea, it works so well with Eileen's fabulous die and the beautiful resist kraft card. Nice to see you back at CVC too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are completely gorgeous, Trace - perfect layering and ripping and wonderful hits of Abandoned Coral amidst the vintage sepias. Love'em!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely delightful Trace! I must get my hands on some of those photo both/found relative piccies :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous!! Love the pop of red with the kraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful Trace.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trace, I love these little cards! Beautiful use of kraft and ephemera and great box for storage! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun are these cards?!! LOVE the case too! What a cool idea, and love the red hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous make ! Tracy Love everything about it . A real fave for me x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic Trace! Thanks for using my dies <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really beautiful Trace and the box is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trace, what wonderful cards, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Wonderful, Trace! Love the collection of family to create this darling recipe box full of affection! The Abandoned Coral coordinated with all of the kraft stock is a fab combination! Wonderful inspiration for sure!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x