Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 1 September 2015

we are fearless, independent and original for Country View Crafts Numbers challenge

Well new month and a new theme for the new challenge over at Country View Crafts challenge blog... and the theme is numbers... I love using numbers in my crafty makes, especially odd ones for some reason....

So here is my number inspired creation, a double layered tag....inspired by ...have you guessed another found relatives card...and this time these three cheeky chaps...who make me smile every time I look at them.... so full of mischief... the 3 amigos...no less ...ready for adventures... fearless, independent and original...


don't you just love them ? x


 So to start I collected together bits and pieces that I wanted to use - sometimes I completely change them , some make it, some don't and sometimes I use them all


I started  by covering the largest tag in this yummy Tim Holtz number paper


I scuffed the edges and inked with walnuts stain distress ink...then began to add pieces to this layer..I tend to place second tag over tuck pieces behind to get idea of placing , then take top tag off and adhere..


For the second tag, I inked and spritzed and dried and then added some cut out numbers from the paper stack to parts of the tag, scuffing and distressing as I went..


Now adding this to the large tag...gotta love lots of layers inky and otherwise!


Now for all the details... I added some red toned dyed seam binding ..to tie in the bingo numbers red colour...lots of yummy idea-ology and some little stapled kisses for these gorgeous boys!



More idea-ology and ...yes more staples.....some rusty wire....


And finally for these gorgeous boys .. a small talk sticker cut and distressed ....


So hope you like my number inspired make....hope you have time to join in this fun challenge...and pop across here for lots of inspiration from my team mates xx




keep those fingers inky!
and those hearts full. xx
trace x


15 comments :

  1. Fantastic tag and the children look ready for anything.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tag Trace. Love the layers of numbers on the smaller tag. Awesome layers and I just adore the sentiment for these 3 "cheeky chaps". -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the title fits you too lol. Love how you layered up the numbers and collaged this together. Great job. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic masculine tag, Trace - I love the layering of the tags, and grungy colour palette - and the words are perfect for those little chaps. I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super vintage! Feel slike I have to dust it a little before having a closer look; so clever made!
    Your tag in the post before is a real scarry one :) Hope all is weel, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most excellent tag!!! I love all the layers and the position of everything! Awesome! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous vintage Tag. I love the little story too. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Tracd, what a great idea to use the numbers like that on two layers. Another fabulous layered tag, you are the master! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous double tag Trace and I just love all those wonderful embellishments which are composed so beautifully. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful tag Trace! love all the pieces you put together - and the great sponging of edges! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant Trace, love how you have layered your tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag with impish little boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is fabulous ! Trace I love the tag on tag idea and with all those numbers too - perfect for the theme. Your composition of all your well chosen elements is fantastic . THis one for me makes my faves of your list . hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here from Country View---I just had to stop by to tell you how much I adore your tag--it really spoke to me as I have similar photos that are begging to be used in ways such as this.... Helene

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful tag Trace, the three amigos are adorable! Love all your aged and distressed layers and your ephemera adornments are all perfect. Thanks for sharing this lovely tag! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x