I love how the crackle can be varied depending on how thickly you apply the layer of paste
For the next layer I added a layer of black antiquing cream and then left to dry, rubbing back using a damp cloth ..allowing some to stay on the piece. I then applied a layer of matte sealer (again from Decoart).
Finally I applied a thin wash of quinacriodine gold paint...left to dry and re applied in areas..
Now for the background... I applied some frayed burlap to my craft sheet and a spritz or two of pumice stone distress spray stain. I spritzed the card and then swiped through the inky droplets...dried using heat tool and then re dipped into the remaining ink to create the splattered look.
I then heat dried again .
I added it to the card front, inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink and also added some stencilled detail using walnut stain.
I then added Dad , using worn text letters inked in jet black archival.
To complete the card I added some seam binding which I dyed with aged mahogany and tied around the handles. I also added a star to the front.
Well hope you like the card and will be back soon!