Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 29 August 2015

The colours of Summer for Country View Crafts summer challenge


For my second offering for the Summer challenge over at Country View Crafts , I have again used the gorgeous summer seahorse die to create summery card - hopefully reflecting the colours of the sea and the creatures hidden beneath .x


I created an inky layered and stencilled background, building soft layers of stencilled ink , spritzing with water and finally adding walnut stain distress ink to the edge.. I love the watery feel the splashes / spritzes of water give when mottled with the inky layers..


For the seahorse I applied some texture paste through a stencil and left to dry and then added orange tone distress inks, adding walnut stain lightly to the edges.. Some die cut winter foliage from Tim Stack paper...lightly inked made for the sea weed



To complete the card I added a hashtag stamp to the bottom...




To finish off I added some tied , dyed seam binding to the card tied to form a bow.


So there is my simple summertime make ...as time has been a bit short....


keep those fingers inky!
trace x

11 comments :

  1. A beautiful summer card Trace with a very peaceful feel to it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one Trace! You can "feel" the textures! Great colours! Beautiful job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Trace. Hope all is well with you. Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Trace. Love the subtle colors. Brilliant idea to use print for the seaweed. I love it. And the stenciling on the seahorses is just beautiful. LOve it!! Pinned -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to leave a comment on this beauty yesterday and for some reason my comment kept disappearing. Trace this is truly beautiful! I have seen the ocean near our house have these colors. The die background certainly looks like coral and those sea horses? Perfect. Is that a Memory Box die? Whatever it is, I have to have it!! I do love your creation!!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the color, the embossing, the whole look of the seahorses! Precious! Great soft scene too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful card! Trace Love the colours and your seahorses are just fab. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Trace, your wonderful colour palette really embraces the sea and the sand, love it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the delicate inky colours and effects - a wonderful underwater make.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous, Trace!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x