Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 25 May 2016

A stitch in time ....

Well I am struggling with crafty mojo at the moment ... and have been pinging around playing with this and that and not really finding my groove .... but I saw the challenge over at A Vintage Journey ... and decided to have a play ... so here is my sewing inspired make :


I created this little make using some great new shrine kits and had fun filling it full of sewing inspired pieces, some of the new Tim Holtz gears were rusted up ...and well just plenty of playtime really, so I wont bore you with all the step by step details...

I added Decoart weathered wood crackle, on piece , then clear embossing and plenty of distress goodness!


I added some idea-ology, weathered up a bit with a painty wash.. some sanding...


Inside I nestled some spools covered in hand dyed seam binding, vintage lace and some more idea-ology...rusty wire ...and some little vintage buttons


Here is a little side shot , to show the wonderful dimension , these little things have ...


A more sunny shot ....just because I loved the shadow the rusty cogs gave ...


here is the close up detail of the hand dyed seam binding I tied around the inside before securing...I love the contrast of the blue tones against rust....


And finally one last sideways shot....


So thanks to the team over at a Vintage Journey for inspiring my playtime ....I will be adding this the challenge, cant remember the last time I linked up and played in a challenge...and I loved this playtime ...so thanks x 

Well that's all for today ...I am off to teach a few more lesson for James...IT today amongst others , so not my strong point!! give me some inks anyday ...
that and running Oliver to and from school, looking after Lucy ..who is under the weather to say the least ....
and well that about sums up my day ...
oh and trying to find a snippet of time to do my Tim's tag...which yes I am behind on again....oops !

hope you have a great day !
keep those fingers inky x

trace x


11 comments :

  1. Oh Trace this is beyond brilliant!! You could never tell that you are lacking mojo if this is anything to go by.... loving the cackle in the background, the cogs look amazing and of course all the sewing elements, so beautifully put together! Wonderful to have you playing along with our challenge at AVJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Trace You've worked those creative fingers wonderfully on this Sewing theme shrine. Thanks for joining in the fun at A Vintage Journey.
    Sound like you are a very busy mum at the mo - hope things get a little steadier for you soon . It is good though to see you back creating as and when you can .
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious! Love the weathered crackle with the embossed text peeking through. Beautiful assemblage - and thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trace, so lovely to see you link your art to A Vintage Journey's challenge. I adore those rusty cogs and I agree with you the photo in the sunshine with the shadows is perfect. Love how you embellished and painted your shrine, a lovely vintage piece. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge Trace. Hugs. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trace, what a stunning creation, I think your mojo is back with a bang! Wonderful textures and rust effects and what a perfect collection of sewing ephemera in your beautiful shrine, so many wonderful details to see. Thanks so much for sharing it and for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Trace, such a cute shrine full of wonderful aged and vintage sewing pieces. Thanks for sharing it at AVJ where it fits perfectly with the theme. Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this Trace, especially the rusty cogs! Can you say where you got the little shrine from please? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little shrine box! LOVE the ribbons and lace around the spools - the rusted cogs and just wonderful fun feel of it! thanks so much for joining us in the AVJ challenge Trace! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are struggling it doesn't show Trace! This is phenomenal. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you were struggling with your Mojo Trace it has certainly come back with style. This is a fabulous sewing shrine, love the dimension of all the little elements and the blue stained ribbon against the browns and rusty effects. Mo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x