Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 12 April 2012

Happy birthday dad, know that you are loved!!! Lots.x

Hey there,
Well it is soon my dads 70th birthday and I usually shy away from making family cards, but I wanted too, so here he is:

I started by creating a tag to go on a card as I am  in tag making mode and love the way they can be embellished. I inked the tag in broken china, frayed burlap and brushed corduroy DI, did the spritzed flick technique...because I have become hooked!!! Then when dry I added some frayed burlap and walnut stain DI around the edge.
When dry I stamped the fab new hot air balloon from the crafty master Tim, in walnut stain and stamped directly onto the tag.

 The card was inked in old paper and then added some broken china and brushed course it...but very, very softly. I over stamped the background with some the mechanical stamp,inked in old paper from the same set...to give a very subtle impression.

The word band is some of Tim Holtz new ideaology and I love the sentiment for my Dad. I added some vintage seam binding coloured in DI and some ideaology ton the top of the tag.
the numbers were chipboard, coloured with DI, walnut stain and then when dry I covered in glossy accents!

I hope he likes it!!!
I am entering this for the following competitions:
Numbers for Sunday stampers @ http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/
big birthdays @ http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Happy birthday @ http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for stopping by,
Have a fab , fun and inky day!
Hugs trace x

18 comments :

  1. ...a stunning card for your dad Trace he'll be thrilled to bits when he receives it...loVe the balloon stamp and great choice of colours..your elements finish it off perfectly...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he'll like it! :0) His little girl made it....and its also beautifully put together, love that colour combination.

    It's my Dad's Birthday today..79. Happy Birthday to the Dad's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace, A lovely card and perfect for a male. I am sure your Dad will love it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great male card and I am sure your Dad will love it.

    Thanks so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot challenge and hope you can join in our blog hop with loads of prizes.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful tag, your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, your Dad is going to love that and I am sure he will treasure it... thank you for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... and your continued support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Hun,this is brilliant Hun,your dad will love this sure of that,bless you to Hun for the lovely comments you left on my blog,so kind,and so much appreciated,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Trace, so vintage and gorgeous. Bet Dad loves it to bits.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great male creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card - I'm sure your Dad will love it! Great colours too. Thanks for joining in the Birthday celebrations at Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful project Trace! Thanks for joining us at Stampalot.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous!
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot and Polka Doodles.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous creation, thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Polkadoodles this week, hugs, Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fab, really nice masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! Great colours. I'm sure your dad will treasure it.Thank you for sharing it with us for our Stampalot birthday challenge, and good luck!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card,really masculine. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week, love NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic male themed card - I love it!

    Thanks for joining our Big Numbers Challenge over at Polka Doodles. Good luck.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great male card -Thanks for joining the birthday celebrations at Sir Stampalot,Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x