Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 20 September 2012

spooky blended stains for compendium of curiosities challenge vol2

well it is time for another fab Tim challenge,
 hosted by Linda here..
so the compendium of curiosities vol 2 challenge this time is blended stains
and all the details,
 from the master himself...can be found on page 45
so here is my tag using this technique:
 
 
I started  by making my background, using blended stains,
then scuffed the edges and added black soot ink..
 
The tree was die cut and coloured black using stain and then ink..
i added 31,
some bats stamped in archival
black ribbon using stains,
 
the pumpkins were coloured with distress
 
 
and lots of rock candy added ..
I LOVE this stuff!!
 
finally a date stamp and a spider charm.
 
I am entering this for the following competitions:
compendium of curiosities vol 2 challenge @ http://studiol3.blogspot.co.uk/
 
 
 

have a fun and inky day!

17 comments :

  1. Glorious background - brilliantly spooky colour combination, and I love that you've left plenty of room for us to see it! Silhouetted tree is fab, and more of your scrumptious pumpkins - terrific tag... (not getting anywhere with this techniqe - haven't liked a single one of my experiments so far - ah well...)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous Halloween tag, the pumpins are smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous spooky tag, fabulous background with flowing colours, love all added details.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha how funny talking about halloween tags earlier lol, love the blending tech. looks great x
    pumpkins look spot on as well, almost glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trace, Great tag! I love the combination of colors on the background! It's the perfect blend! And those pumpkins...love the rock candy! They look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background and the pumpkin is great! Makes it a perfect Halloween tag! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! LovE the texture on the pumpkins! Found you thru WOYWW. So glad I signed up to follow via email. Nan G

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is another awesome tag Trace you constantly amaze me.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic tag and love the effect on the pumpkins

    Best Wishes Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow wow!!!! It looks like a fire ridden sky at night...so gorgeous and yet spooky! Your stains blended perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic job on the stains technique and a great design for Halloween.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another awesome Halloween tag Trace, I love them all, and your pumpkins are amazing. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous tag Trace - love the pumpkin! Fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blending there Trace. Love it. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spooky, Spooky and wonderful!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very atmospheric and I love the colours. Rock candy is gorgeous isn't it? Trouble is, I could find myself using it all the time if I didn't lock it away - well, you know what I mean!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tag - I love the spooky sky, the blended technique is perfect!! I totally need to copy your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x