Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 23 January 2013

dress to impress for dragons dream DT

Well time for us to get dreaming with the dragon again over at dragons dream TIO and today I am the lucky one to choose the recipe so hope you like it!
The challenge this time is dress to impress and the ingredients are : a dress/ dress form, embossed impressions and some bling... make sure you pop across here to see the fab DT makes..and also pop in an entry yourself..
The only other rules are make a tag and use at least one real stamp..
So here's mine:

 


I started by creating a background with evergreen bough
 and using the fab flick and spritz technique..
Then stamped my favourite Tim flourish in same
colour in corners, then dried and then stamped again
 and covered in sticky embossing powder and
 then loose rock candy distress.
I know some of you are concerned I may have run
 out still on first pot and have a spare!!



 
The dress form was embossed and then coloured using same colour distress ink! I then added a skirt , using crinoline (from funkie junkie boutique) cut into flowers using tattered floral die and layered to create a skirt effect .. I hope!


Then I added some swirls of wire..to create another texture, love the staples in contrast to the soft skirt. I have also added some dyed seam binding.
well hope you are inspired to play along with my recipe..

make sure you pop across here for more Dt inspiration

I just want to say thanks for the comments to help me put my pictures on the left/ right!not quite got it sussed but getting there!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to stop by and also to leave a comment. I appreciate them all!

have a fun and inky day!
 
trace  x

22 comments :

  1. Gorgeous tag Trace, it's so pretty. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recipe and the skirt you made! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm impressed :) This tag looks very pretty and feminine.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag with the fabric and the threads!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did enjoy this, thank you - but your tag is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colour, and the skirt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow Trace, this is stunning - that skirt is amazing and I do love your now trademark twisted wire and staples - simply gorgeous. I am going to go back and read the answers to your question, as I don't know how to do it either! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed Trace, the contrast of the crinoline and wire is stupendous.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I've seen what you've done with it I MUST HAVE some of that crinoline!!! Perfect use for it on this Trace (oh, and I LOVE your recipe for this challenge). And it wouldn't be the same without the wire and the glitter. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I've seen what you've done with it I MUST HAVE some of that crinoline!!! Perfect use for it on this Trace (oh, and I LOVE your recipe for this challenge). And it wouldn't be the same without the wire and the glitter. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful and feminine, love the materials you added to the tag.
    Yvoone

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh so stunning Trace - I just adore that skirt - just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! What a gorgeous tag. So light,airy and feminine... love this! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skirt on the dress form is brilliant Trace, really pretty and very effective. Love it lots. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag Trace, Love the colours & added wire & staples.. Beautiful work.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh pretty, pretty! I just love dress forms and this version is fab. Haven't heard of crinoline before - thought that was an old fashioned frock! Will have to go and look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uuhh la la (:o) Very pretty swinging skirt and i looooove the soft colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Softly dreamy and gorgeously feminine. I love how you made the skirt - such a great idea.
    Hugs,
    Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So wonderful, the skirt is gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so very pretty and I love how you did the skirt, fabulous tag

    ReplyDelete
  20. The crinoline flower skirt is genius - glorious tag altogether, in such dreamy colours - this is a big WOW from me!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, and picture very nicely next to the text!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Truly beautiful Trace, I love the crinoline skirt and your twirly wire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x