So I created a box, which I filled with little sewing treasures...
So firstly the box....I added some tissue tape in strips to the outside of the box and then added some script detail...using texture paste through a stencil ( studio 490 white paste). I then painted all over the box with mushroom eco paint and left to dry.
To continue the layers on the box i added some fab 2 step deco art crackle...and when dry rubbed in frayed burlap distress ink. I love the random crackle almost like crazed tiles.
I then rubbed some treasure gold onto this, in white fire.
This is the same process that I used to crackle my buttons...and I think I am really pleased with the outcome..
I stamped out some vintage thread cards and added some needles and a button to one ..to add to the collection of goodies in my box...alongside lace, more buttons, mini pins, snaps and some inked ruler ribbon.
Finally onto another use of the buttons for the lid. I made some flowers using the tattered floral die and inked with vintage photo...then added some leaves and also some button centres.
oh and a little twirl of rusty wire crept in...had to..
Well thanks for looking..has been a bit of an up and down week so hence why things have been a bit quiet but I will be back with two creative expressions Dt makes next week and some other makes too..
buttons @ http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.co.uk/
have a fun and inky day!