Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 26 June 2013

going coastal for dragons dream TIO

well it is time for another recipe over at dragons dream TIO and this time from the lovely Elizabeth. The recipe this fortnight is : mica, coastal and a flourish....so all you have to do is make a tag using these ingredients and remember to use at least on real stamp.
So here is my make :
(now i may have stretched coastal a little...but here she is ):



So I struggled with this theme a lot! and decided to go down the sea kind of colours and create some textures too.. So I swiped some embossing dabber across some torn corrugated card and embossed using fab verdigris embossing powder. This became the base for my tag to be attached too.

The tag itself was spritzed using homemade mica sprays using distress re-inkers and perfect pearls mica powder in mini mister bottles. i then over stamped using this fab fancy flourish from Tim Holtz.


not sure if you can see the mica but I promise it is there! I also added some stamping using bubble wrap stamp..now onto the fun bit...

i wanted to create a watery effect and used my marvellous melt pot...now Hels has given me my melt pot mojo back..it has a permanent place on my spare desk...well the one i have kind of taken over...oops...and so it is always out and ready for the off! I melted some clear UTEE and then added some melt art colour ink to add a touch of blue...but as the clear ambered it went this yummy green...for which I can take no credit..


I drizzled some on to my craft sheet and left to cool and then had marvellous fun dunking my shells to give a hopefully watery feel?! well love the way their textures and colours are encased in this glossy globs anyway! (globs being a technical term for something I am sure!?)

 
a smattering of sand and some rusty wire and there you have it...make sure you pop across and see my fab team mates makes who have some amazing and much more coastal makes...


sorry this is late been at the hospital with James and will fill you in later x

have a fun and inky day!
 trace x 

21 comments :

  1. Great tag, Trace - love the use of the melt pot! Hope that isn't too big a set back with James, take care... Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fantastic, love how you've created the water effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! That´s just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thats wonderful, Trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly outstanding Trace!!!! I adore the colours (it is absolutely coastal in my opinion) the sand, the corrugated background tag and most of all the UTEE globules. Superb! This is truly inspirational. Hugs, Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...fabulous textured piece Trace, the colours are so pretty and remind me of the sea glass i've found beachcombing, gorgeous...Mel:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the watery effect using your melt pot, great idea, fab tag
    Lover
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water effect is great Trace..a very artistic tag

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks just fabby - the Utee really does look amazing - just like big water splashes - fabulous - love the shells too and the corrugation - thats all of it then!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Trace, this looks incredible!! Amazing effect with the UTEE, it looks incredible and I think it has become pretty coastal, with the watery colours and those beautiful shells.

    Hope James is alright??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will save this post to do something at the end of the summer with my melt pot -- this is really quite yummy and the green is beautiful. Happy accidents? Hope everyone is well Sugar!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all is going well for James.

    The tag is just terrific and has reminded me that I need to try my meltpot again--I keep forgetting.

    You are such an inspiration with your projects.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Trace, I love it !! the tag is beautiful and the watery 'globs' are gorgeous, they really make this tag 'pop'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully inspirational piece Trace, just love the melt pot bits.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's so gorgeous. The UTEE looks amazing. Hope James is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Outstanding... those UTEE globules are utterly brilliant! I love the verdigris cardboard base (of course), and the swirly delicate colours - a really wonderful make, Trace.

    Keeping my fingers crossed for James.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great way to use the shells! I wouldnot have a cloe to put those elemants on one tag... You managed great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks unreal!! The bubbles on the bottom shell just top it off!! Hope all is ok...

    ReplyDelete
  19. If i didn't already said: You rock!! (:o) Love your utee dripples

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some amazing textures and ideas here Trace! I have loads of sea shells which I collect everytime we go to a beach but I never know what to do with them! I love the watery look too. Your 'verdigris' effect on the corrugated card is great too.
    Hugs, Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x