Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 31 July 2013

dreamer of dreams for Frilly and Funkie DT

Well it is the second week of another two week challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this week chosen by the lovely and talented Sue, who has chosen fold it.

So not being a great talent where card making is concerned and having already played once at making a domino book, I decided to play again. So here is my make: ( you may need a comfy chair and a cuppa!!)



I started by creating the inside folded pages, by scoring and folding my card stock.When folded I added colour using.. distress inks in broken china and frayed burlap and then splots ( technical term of the super yummy distress paints...yes still loving these!)

 I then added script stamping using frayed burlap. Then onto all the main images, all using black archival ink. I masked each section of the book off so as to avoid getting ink on the next piece. This did take a while but hopefully you will feel was well worth the time taken to be careful. ( When  moving the masked piece remember Archival stays wet a little while and can get smudged if not dried off , also be careful not to transfer ink from the piece of masking paper)

I had such fun masking off parts of stamps to to get words from quotes that fitted as well as using Tiny things set from Tim Holtz, such a wealth of tiny images ...


The edges of the dominoes for the covers were covered with tissue tape...now for the front:


 I used an image stamped in black Archival, also a rub on, a gear and a light bulb wrapped in paper coated wire. The closure for this little folded book is also paper coated wire.


The back cover of the book was another small piece of stamped and inked card, with this fab hand (just love this stamp!) and a rub on.


 make sure you pop across to see the other fab DT makes and maybe pop in a folded make yourself.

The products I have used are listed below :



have a fun and inky day!
trace x 

26 comments :

  1. Fantastic domino book. Love the wire fastener.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vintage domino book with lots of folded pages. Each page is a little treasure of fabulous stamps and the lightbulb is a great addition on the front.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Trace, I absolutely love this domino concertina book, lovely colours, lovely stamping, absolutely gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Trace! I tried my hand at a domino book recently - they are such fun to make aren't they? Love yours. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Small and perfectly formed Trace. Love the attention to detail and the way you've combined those tiny stamped elements together. So impressive. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace this is a brilliant domino book, love it.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great piece of work
    chrissy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful piece of art. That reminds me, that such a little booklet is on my to-do-list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely piece of artwork! The little pieces of the swirls make it beautifully and hold all thoseloevely stamps nicely together; stunning! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant. Love this tiny art - work and of course the wire closure (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous domino book Trace - really wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful domino book trace, love how you used Tim's stamps, the whole thing looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome domino booklet, Trace! Now that is a fold I can do without pulling my hair out! Love the neutral colors and those stamps! I have only made one domino book and found Tim's mini stamps to fit so perfectly! I just may have to try a second!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a wonderful project.
    Off to have a wander though your Blog to see some of your other creations

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's an exquisite domino book, Trace (still haven't tried one of these), and the stamping is simply perfect... well worth the effort of the masking. I adore the tiny tissue tape borders on the edges of the dominos, and the front and back covers - well, pretty much everything, really. Perfect!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous domino book Trace ! The stamping is fabulous and love the tissue tape edges. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous project. full of wonderful images.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen the domino books on blogs a few times and this one is amazing. It boggles the mind how anyone could be so creative. Beautiful art work.

    My question, for anyone to answer is WHERE does one get a domino book? My email is: auntkit@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you can make a domino book, as I have here using two dominoes and some card stock. X

      Delete
  19. That is so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so love domino books there is something about them that makes them so special. Gosh I have made many over the years but this one of yours is just divine.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous domino book, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun is this with all the wonderful stamping and who would have thought you could make something so cool out of dominos.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x