Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 1 August 2013

enjoy the journey...famous quotes or sayings for country view crafts challenge DT

well another month and another challenge over at country view crafts challenge site and this time the theme is famous quotes or sayings . So there are so many wonderful words of wisdom and quotes and sayings to choose from, but for this I went with Tim Holtz's saying enjoy the journey...because I think this is so important whether in life or in crafting to remind ourselves to do this...

So here is my make :



I had seen the talented Brenda use some pictures in the wheel and totally forgot when I made this until I was pinning some makes...on pinterest...so make sure you check out Brenda's blog . The idea must have been hidden away between the cobwebs in my mind!

I started by creating a painty background using the yummy distress paints...yes the love affair continues...they are just so yummy!( please Tim lets have the rest and soon!). I then distressed the edges and inked , love how the paints and distress inks combine...maybe I have said that before?

I then stamped images from going somewhere Tim Holtz set in random places.


Then onto the picture wheel , this one was a gift from the lovely Brenda ( I now have the die couldn't resist!). I coloured this with distress inks and also over stamped some numbers from ultimate grunge set. I then added some pieces of film strip behind some of the spaces and then mini images from lost and found paper stack.


I added a mini spinner to the centre.

To complete the tag I added two rub ons containing great sayings...
enjoy the journey 
and 
follow your heart.

For the saying itself I added a word band...on , well you guessed some wire!


Some more rub ons, ( these are fab too...cannot wait for the new ones!) some torn photo strips from paper stack and some film strip..


more idea-ology and that finishes my make .


Well hope you like my make , now it is over to you, here ,...you could get picked for a GDT place or the lucky pick of a £20 voucher for countryviewcrafts ... also make sure you pop across and see my fab team mates makes. Welcome back to Gabrielle who has a very poorly arm, but is now crafting one handed!

have a fun and inky day!
remember...enjoy the journey xx
trace x 

31 comments :

  1. Gorgeous Trace!! will be sure to check out the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a work of art this is Trace. Love the little photo images behind the picture wheel and the scrummy background. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another fab creation ! love it
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Trace, Love it, your tag is gorgeous, lovely neutral colours, gorgeous use of the wheel (I have this die, haven't used it yet !!!), gorgeous embellies.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooomuch to look at Trace - this is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this beautiful reminder that we should indeed enjoy the journey no matter what bumps are along the way! Love the photos in the wheel and I too will squirrel that idea away! Brenda's such an influence! Thank you for the welcome back - it's fabulous to be getting inky again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful make Trace!! I remember Brenda's piece well, your piece looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As allway´s a beautiful Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing collage Trace...this tag is a favorite, for sure.

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trace,

    Wow, this tag is amazing, I so love it and I am blown away with the whole concept of having photos of people what a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing. This is one dye I don't have but have thoroughly enjoyed your take on it.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic and with so many wonderful details to look at.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great make! The little clockhand and the pictures look perfect! The background looks unbelieveble old the way you made it; stunning! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW so many elements to see! Love the vintage shabby look, that is really again an ingenious masterpiece.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb make Trace, the wheel looks great with the photos and it is such fun to do too, isn't it? Love the brown tones and the Rub-ons too. You could enter this into Our Creative Corner this month where the theme is 'words'. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! I love your work. You should go to work for Tim Holtz :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting tag - I like it a lot!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this tag Trace, The background is amazing the blending of inks & stamping is beautiful...Fabulous use of the picture wheel & the images, there is so much to look at Brilliant make...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous painty background - you really use the DPs brilliantly... and I love all the photos dancing across this tag. Beautiful, beautiful make.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cool that you came by my blog today - I was thrilled because I follow your blog and am always amazed at your incredible talent, so when you stopped by and left a nice comment - I did a happy dance! THIS TAG IS SUPERB!!!! I bought the picture wheel die and never used it because I couldn't think of anything to do with it. Love what you have done here. Candice

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful Trace - I am always in awe of your work and you have created another perfect piece here. I could look at it forever! Lots of love Laura xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so bad, as I have that die and have not used it! Note to self to pull it out! Love this Trace and that painted backgroud is quite cool! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Trace this is a wonderful make full of fabulous elements and totally inspirational. Thanks for the link and comments and so glad you could use the wheel, the whole painty design is superb.
    Arrived to a very hot and windy island but lovely to sit by the pool and catch the rays.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! This is inspired! A lovely make. Congratulations on your Artistic Outpost win too. I love your work, Trace - your blog is an inspiration! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This tag rocks! I love the mini vintage photos in the film reel. So cool! The background is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ...you go from strength to strength Trace and this is another masterpiece of texture and colour, that background is to die for, I love it!! and the mini torn photo's is such a neat idea, the whole piece is a delight to look at and be inspired by...Mel:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely tag Trace, love the picture wheel with the images added behind. Love the vintage colours and feel of your piece. The film strip ribbon is a perfect touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x