Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 30 November 2013

feeling festive ?

Well I have got into my Christmas Crafting a lot earlier this year in an attempt to keep my mind and body busy and also to gear up for a few craft fairs, which are rewarding in so many ways ..

So here is a quick Christmas Card ...I know a card.... 


I loved this stamp and don't know why, the shape the skate ...just appealed to me ...So wish I could show the shimmer on the background...but in my excitement to finish it I forgot to photograph the background...:(

I started my embossing the front of the card using this fab Tim Holtz snowflake texture fade and then inked with frayed burlap and weathered wood and sprayed with cosmic shimmer pearl spray .


For the main blueprint image I used my fab Distress Markers and also waterbrush and scribbled the colour onto my craft sheet , picking up with my brush. I then added a little rock candy distress glitter to highlight the edge of the boot and blade.




I edged the torn edges with distress ink and added one of Tim Holtz simple saying and there you have it!

Well I have some design team pieces and comments to catch up on , so I will wish you all a lovely weekend...there will be exciting changes on my blog really soon , as the lovely Susie is giving me a makeover! my blog...not me ...that may be a lot harder!

keep those fingers inky!
Trace x 

17 comments :

  1. Gorgeous Trace, I so love that colour combo and that skate stamp is gorgeous too, the bits of glitter just make it all look really festive! lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp always makes me feel like going out ice skating & I can't skate! Your card (!!!) looks lovely Trace & would be a good one for your stall/etsy site :-). Have a good w/e.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be simple but it's so effective. Love the hints of glitter and the gentle painting. The makeover is looking good too. So professional. Have a great weekend. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves cards especially this time of year! I am a tag kinda girl. It's very pretty. The vintage look of the skate reminds me of the skates I used to have. And the shimmer paper is great. I love the candy cane and my least favourite is the ginger bread house, so I used it first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Trace, love the frosty colours and touch of shimmer. Great image and embossing too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card, the background looks beautiful with the snowflake embossing,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this skate too Trace - its been on my wishlist for a while now xx Love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can tell it's shimmery, and I love how you've tinted the skate so subtly - great card, Trace!

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous festive card Trace, I love the skates too and your one sits beautifully on the textured and shimmery background.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that skate too Trace... Love the background I can see the shimmer & embossing...Fabulous.. Have a great Sunday Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Trace. Hope you do well at the Craft Fairs

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great, even though I cann´t see the shimmer... Have a fine sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've coloured this skate to perfection Trace. Gorgeous design too! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the new look of the blog already Trace - very lovely indeed. Love your gorgeous card too, that skate is delightful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely! The snowflake background looks really lovely and you've done a brilliant job with the stamp, love it ! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great creation - love the skate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x