Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Recycle it !

Well I was lucky enough to be offered a guest design spot for Try it On Tuesday and the theme for the GD spot is Recycle it. So here is my offering from some recycled belts :
I have been making some vintage style faux leather cuff bracelets of late from recycled belts so this was a perfect opportunity to make some more .
I started by cutting a piece from my belt and then set too adding some colour to the design. Some of them I leave plain as I like the original look and some I added colour to, to enhance the design of the belt.

For this belt I lightly rubbed across some distress paint . Then when dry I added some dots of colour following the pattern on the belt itself. I have made lots of different ones and some have been embossed or left plain.

Then when dry and happy with the design I added snaps for closing the cuff bracelet.
I have been dabbling with metal stamping so on a piece of metal I added a metal stamped phrase and then added to the cuff using rivets.
For the plain leather one I purely added snaps for closure and a stamped phrase.


For the last one I added colour onto the pattern of the belt but left the base colour alone , added snaps for closure and a metal stamped sentiment.

Well thanks to the team over at Try it on Tuesday for the GD spot . some of my bracelets from recycled belts can be be found on my folksy shop here... and I also post some of them here . I am currently in the process of enabling people to choose customized items too.

thanks for taking the time to stop by xx

18 comments :

  1. These are gorgeous Trace and would make a lovely gift for anyone, male or female. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those recycled belts are so fabulous, I love your project.
    Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this challenge.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work Tracy and thanks for joining us as guest DT this time round! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific Trace and a such a great idea. Lovely to have you as guest designer at TIOT this week.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderfu, Tracy. Absolutely gorgeous work.
    Hugs,
    Sirkkis

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Trace! Creative and beautiful!

    Hugs, your co-teamie for the day, Pamellia TioT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your leather cuff bracelets are gorgeous! Love them all!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bracelets looks gorgeous Trace, a wonderful idea, to use old belts, and your stamped metal charms, are fantastic on them. Beautiful bracelets,dear.
    Dorthe
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trace, A great piece of recycling from an old belt. Thanks for joining us this time as our GDT.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cuffs are brilliant Trace, a great way to recycle old belts! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These altered belts are so lovely Trace, what a wonderful idea. I am the owner of one of your vintage domino pendants (a presant from my bessie Anne R) and I love it, your jewelry is so original. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic recycling Trace and such a good idea. Thank you for being our guest this time at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous bracelets Trace I am sure they will go like hot cakes.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these look amazing! Very, very clever bit of recycling! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are looking great! Congrats on your GDT! You have great recycle ideas; the outcom is so much more original as the starting material! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Trace, so vintage yet so pretty! Love them. Nikkix

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x