Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 7 September 2014

Under the ocean

well the challenge theme over at countryviewchallenges is Nautical and here is my second offering on the theme...
Imagine a rusted ship / submarine at the bottom of the ocean but still with wonderful things happening around it.. :


So for this card I created a take on the industrial metal technique that I love so much and added plenty of rust. I wanted the feel of a sunken, abandoned port hole..not sure I pulled it off but I am pleased with the rusty effect at least .


I created a rusty porthole for the delicate seahorses to swim in...using distress powders and idea-ology fasteners.


I added some dyed seam binding to tie in the soft blue seahorses and a muse token , dabbed with distress paint.

Some gears and cogs....they get everywhere you know!


And there you have my nautical make , there is plenty of time to play along as the challenge lasts all month and all the details can be found here .

The supplies I have used are listed below and any questions drop me a line and I will try and help .


keep those fingers inky!
trace x 

12 comments :

  1. I was floating by and stopped to peek through your porthole....very good idea!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pulled it off beautifully Trace, it is wonderful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations, love the rusty porthole!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bit I do love this - it really does look like a rusting ship under water - especially loved the porthole! Awesome project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Trace,
    This is a brilliant interpretation of the Nautical theme.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Trace - it definitely has a nautical feel! I love the wave you have done your ribbon.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous rusted effects Trace and a brilliant design.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Love those seahorses. The delicate look of the seahorses next to the fab rusty porthole is an amazingly cool contrast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally brilliant, Trace - inspired thinking outside the box to create the porthole, and fabulous rusty and distressed effects throughout. And those seahorses look so beautiful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great one again! I love that BG and this is a reminder for me to use that one more often; it looks so great here! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I'm a sucker for rust and this is fabulous Trace! That porthole works perfectly in the centre with the delicate little seahorses. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning piece of art! I love that rust!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x