Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 17 September 2014

love makes all things possible

Well it is time for the Funkie team to add their pieces to the current theme over at Frilly and Funkie, and I am the lucky one who got to choose this theme ....from the heart and so here is my piece, created with a heart as its focal feature and it really is made from the heart :



This piece not only has a heart as its focal piece but really was from my heart, The last few weeks have been a little emotional as James ( not attending a lot due to his CFS but none the less still massive and loads to sort ) started secondary school, Oliver returned to year 5 (where did that go ?) and little sunny , happy Lucy went last week for mornings at school (this week she has started full time :( ). So whilst busy my heart has been feeling it, missing silly little things...........
like finding the bathroom sink full of plastic washing up, the seats full of toys so there's no room to sit, the noise from x box games, laughter and just general happy (most of the time! ) noise.

It made me realise how much I have loved my role as a wife and mother and how it has filled my heart with such love and joy, it is by no means perfect and so much going on at the moment, some days as many as 10 trips and sorting tutors ) but I am lucky and I love my family! So that's where my piece came from.... what a sentimental ramble sorry! :(

I started with a piece of paper onto a square piece of mdf, dipped it into some frayed burlap stain and dried...

I then edged with pumice stone distress paint and distressed when dry. Then I took a Wendy Vecchi art part heart and covered with glue and seal, when dry a layer of her scrummy crackle paste.


Then I left it to do its magical thing and when it had finished rubbed some frayed burlap into it using a baby wipe. Gotta love that crackle.


i printed off some thumbnail pictures of my family in black and white and then applied some frayed burlap over and heat dried.

Then it was all about assembling the finished piece . I added the photos to the background to create a collage feel, plenty of idea-ology and some chit chat stickers .




For the heart I tied some dyed seam binding and added a stamped sentiment which summed up my thoughts nicely.


added a heart charm, love these and love adding the little details that seem to bring it all together as  a piece.



Sorry for the rather sentimentally indulgent post, not what I had planned to make at all it just happened, now to find somewhere for this to go xx

Sorry if I haven't popped by but sleep has been lacking, worries have been a plenty and time has been disappearing but normal service will be resumed once all the teething issues are sorted and when I have found a new routine .x

There are some wonderful projects for inspiration and a week left to play , so make sure you pop across here for all the details of what you could win and how to enter x hugs to all those whose life is not as smooth as it could be .xx Hoping life becomes less bumpy for you soon x


keep those fingers inky!
and those hearts full x 
trace x

18 comments :

  1. Knowing how much of you has gone into this and what it represents you've got me blubbing here! I love the whole composition and finish - lots to see and yet it feels calm and balanced. I'm guessing that's not what life's like right now but you've provided yourself with the perfect reminder piece here Trace. A real gem. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful piece Trace, and I for one loved reading your "sentimental rabble". Love how you have put all the different elements together and you can really see it came straight from the heart! A wonderful keep sake too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just AMAZING ..those beautiful family collage is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very beautiful piece Trace and certainly straight from your heart.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, Trace. I love the use of crackle and those images with all the touching little details. I especially like the heart with image of the couple - and the image of those little bar shoes is delightful! I remember those days of toys everywhere! Where did they go? My daughter - soon to be 21 - left home to share a house with her student friends last week and our son is now 24. It seems only yesterday I could hear them playing make-believe in the garden! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. So delicate. Thanks for showing there is so much to see.
    Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The odd sentimental ramble is good for the soul Trace! Love your beautiful make showing your wonderful family, it is truly gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Trace, I think I need a tissue, and you might use a hug??? You have lovingly created this wonderful piece--you can tell how much you love your family by it's care in making it. I know you will find just the right place in your home for it. Your life sounds so hectic, but it has not distracted you from making the most beautiful tribute to your family! This is simply gorgeous! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Trace! What a gorgeous piece!! I just love your soft vintage colour palette and the texture on your heart is simply fantastic! Wonderful sentiment and I just adore your little heart charm!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful on so many levels, Trace! I can see the love and warmth in this beautiful project. Love it! I hope things will all get sorted and be good for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful as always trace and I loved your story!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trace this is beautiful, a real heart felt piece, I love your little family album xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Trace and very special as you have filled it with love and emotion. Children grow up so quickly it's amazing how time flies.

    Thank you for sharing

    Crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh, Trace, you brought tears to my eyes with your lovely reflections. I'm so glad that you have time to reflect and treasure all the good and not so good times. Your piece is amazing. I so love the way you personalized it with all your family's photos. A beautiful challenge theme and a resulting beautiful project!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very wonderful an how fast time flies!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your make is a work of vintage inspired perfection and the story behind it has left me misty eyed! I've raised 5 children and my youngest has been away at University for 3 years now leaving me with an empty nest. I'm proud of the success of my children but truly miss the days when our home was filled with them. It goes by so quickly. How wonderful that you're capturing your precious memories and preserving them for generations to come!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful and so special... a real work of the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of the photos in vintage like this! You do neutral so so so well! Gorgeous kids and gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x