Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Painty Playtime.

So another blog post ... I have been finding time to play on and off and wanted to just play along with a challenge as it seems such a long while since I have done that....I mean forever ... so armed with lots of goodies I decided to have a go and join in over at Our Creative Corner.. and here is the result :


The challenge is a Tic-tac-toe board and from this I selected paints, stencils and stamps...they may not all be easy to see straight away but I promise they are all there ....

I started with an mdf board, covered in Decoart gesso and then I spritzed with turqupise shimmer mister from Decoart , some water and created lots of drippage dried....


I loved the vibrancy of the Decoart mister and the cool effects I got, once dried I edged with walnut stain distress ink and stamped some of Andy Skinners new crackle stamp using titan buff paint...in random places .


Then I stencilled through have your say stencil , using walnut stain distress ink...just some of the numbers in random places.. to complete the base layer of my piece.


Now onto a tag, using various colours of Decoart paint , crackle glaze and antiquing cream....it is so much fun to play and am loving these yummy goodies from my hubbie x


I added some rusty trellis, using Tim Holtz die , rusted using timeworn technique from Andy Skinners online workshop...I know again...but I cannot stop making this stuff!

I love the rusty colours against the turquoise.... and this made my next layers..


I added a rusty heart using new Tim heart die and same rusty technique...added to some driftwood..


I love the found relative and occasions relatives card and this one seemed to fit my sea colours... I sanded , distressed and added a bingo token given some Decoart painty treatment,


Some rusty wire ...because you can never have enough....



  and some rusty wire to create a hanger for this piece..



Well I hope you like my Decoart and distressing playtime...I loved it!

I am going to enter this for :
Tic Tac Toe @ Our Creative Corner
No Rules @ Simon Says Stamp

keep those fingers inky and painty!

trace x 

15 comments :

  1. Fantastic backgound and unsual image. I love the bit of wood at the bottom as well

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you getting back a little more regular X great piece trace, I always look forward to your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Trace, I just love how you play with your new Decoart goodies! The rusty and crackle techniques look fantastic and the whole piece is put together to stunning effect. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trace. Lovely that you found time to craft. This creation looks wonderful, the colours are fantastic too. The rustic heart looks terrific. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Trace, this is gorgeous!! I love what you've done with the DecoArt products, I really need to get me some of that stuff!! Love your heart, so full of texture, like a real rusted piece of art! Just brilliant!

    Oh yeah, and Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner for our 'Tic Tac Toe' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace, I so love the painted and crackle effects! What a gorgeous mixed media creation. Glad you found play time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous make Trace and I love the colour combination of the paints and stencils. The rusted pieces certainly combine well with the blues as do the found relatives piccie.

    Tfs and best wishes in the challenge

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous Trace - I adore the colours and that bit of wood is just beautiful - love it! Big hugs Hun Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Trace, you certainly are using your new DecoArt goodies fantastically well - this is one stunning creation! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this looks gorgeous, love all the textures on it!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is just beautiful. I love the colours and the photo matches the theme brilliantly. The Rust Paint is on my list! Thank you for joining in at Our Creative Corner, Tic Tak Toe.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see you playing with the DecoArt products Trace. I love all the layers and of course the rust which is something I never tire of making. Great effect with the mister too. Thanks so much for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner!! Julia xx Great to see you around again too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scrumptious rusty textures, and they pop so well against the blue greens. Love the driftwood with the fishy photo!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm, love that turquoise background and all the other wonderful textural pieces.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x