Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 2 March 2015

My family have my heart

So here is the result of some more play time... I wanted to play with some more of my decoart goodies but mix them with some of my yummy idea-ology bits and bobs. So with some help from my father in law who cut me some wooden house blanks....here are the results of my painty playtime.


I have had such a good time playing with painty layers to create a distressed finish...I hope ... I edged each house in tissues tape and covered in a wash of matte varnish and quin gold and paynes grey to create a dirty wash...thanks Andy skinner for this idea !!!.. My father in law cut these houses from some sketches that I had drawn...lucky me and I have had a lot of fun decorating these.

The houses are free standing but could have a piece added to hang on the wall... For this house I covered the blank shape in paper and then varnish and painty layers using decoart and distress. I edged with tissue tape. The roof had an Andy Skinner stamp ( wood effect) stamped over roof and inked. I added a chit chat sticker, inked and sealed and a rusty heart... I know can't stop making these!


I tried to make each house different but so that they had a similar feel so they could be stood alone or in a group.


This house was decorated with layers of paint rubbed on with fingertips and also with a baby wipe to add and remove areas of colour for a distressed feel.


 I added one of the new typed tokens and die cut a heart which was stamped, painted, covered in crackle glaze and had paint rubbed in cracks.


Finally a taller house with a wonky bottom...again painted to give distressed feel and sealed with dirty wash.


 Hope that this shows how the tissue tape looks around the sides...


I completed with another handmade rusty heart and chit chat sticker..


I hope you like the results of my painty , inky and distressing playtime!

keep those fingers inky
and those hearts full!

trace x 

16 comments :

  1. Wonderful wooden shapes to work on Trace and some terrific ideas on all of them

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderfully charming! So nice to see ways to use paints and inks on non-paper projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace, your little heart houses are wonderful. A new twist on the Family Tree! Love these! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the results on these wonderful houses Tracey, wow the paint effects look amazing! How kind of you father in law, he could go into business with these, I bet lots of people would love to play with them, - I know I would :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Trace, you could start a trend - creating Artist Trading Houses! Love what you did with these blocks, they are amazing - and aren't those DecoArt paints fabulous too?! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Trace! How nice of your Dad to cut them for you and you really decorated them with some wonderful techniques and elements! LOVE your textured heart most of all! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these and all the texture on the hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart houses are awesome - I love them to bits Trace - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you had a fabulous time Trace and I love the design and paint effects. TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rustic look of these - very American Primitive - and the paint effects and stamping work brilliantly together to create a really aged look. Lovely playtime again!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful alterations Trace! Love the look of these nice houses...
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you back here and in blogland! Good that you still have the great style and ideas! Love the subtile colours and all the different textures you made on these! Enjoy the weekend, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful whimsical shapes and fabulous painting and techniques. Love them.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x