Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 9 July 2011

A distressed mirror, or is that me when I look in it!

Well here is a go at a different font, the other one is huge! I thought I would show you my distressed mirror that sort of goes with the canvas  I blogged earlier in the month.



I started with a cheap wooden mirror and painted it with crackle paint, spread fairy thinly.Once dry I inked it all over with a variety of blue and green distress inks and spritzed lightly with water to blend and soften colours.

Once dry I stamped the corners with black flourishes and around edges of mirror, then added dare to dream rub on and the word 'love' cut from grungepaper on my cricut.




Finally the mirror was sealed with golden gel matte medium and the tim holtz corners attached with glossy accents.

Hope you like it, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think,
ta trace x



1 comment :

  1. I have one of these mirrors and I've been staring at it for weeks wondering how to dress it - thanks for inspiring me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x