Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 31 July 2011

keys, keys, keys...........

Well hey there bloggers!
Me again in crafty and sunny mood, so GREAT to see the SUN!


More distress inks but a more masculine feel, with keys and locks. I am entering this card into a few challenges but the theme for one was a card for men with keys?! So, here goes...........I am finding myself drawn to these challenges as a way of making myself CHALLENGE my thing of the moment, vintage and all one colour..hopefully I have left  my 'thing' and I have to say I am loving the challenge and find myself really enjoying and liking what I make! Hope you do too..............
Here goes:
The card used another tag coloured with antique linen, tea dye, and aged mahogany, lightly edged with black soot.The tag was then overstamped with the lock image in tea dye and the wonderful sentiment in black archival.


The card base was inked using aged mahogany and again overstamped in tea dye and black archival, both using lock design.
The key was stamped and embossed with bright gold metallic cosmic shimmer powder, the image was then coloured using distress inks splodged onto tile and used as paint. The colours used were : spiced marmalade, fired brick, aged mahogany and black soot.

Finally the card was assembled using pinfalir glue, 3-d mounting tape and accessorized with creative expressions vintage cream ribbon, some black hinges cut on a cricut and 2 metal keys.
The stamps used were from  chocolatebaroque.


I am enetering this card into the following competitions:


http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.com/ - anything goes challenge
http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ - challenge #15 use a key
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/ -anything goes
http://totallystampalicious.blogspot.com/ -anything goes


Hope you like the card,
share the love and leave a comment,
ta trace x



4 comments :

  1. Loving your card - puts my ideas to shame :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Trace!!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the layers of stamping here- great card! Thanks for playing along with our 'use a key' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck!
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. The hinges are a fab added bonus. Love how you made the background paper for your card and the Key is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x