Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 23 August 2013

Designer of Dreams for Creative Expressions DT

Well it is time for  another Dt make for Creative Expressions today but before I do have you seen that Creative Expressions have a design team call...all the details can be found here. So onwards ...

Here is my make for this week, a hanging piece that could easily be adapted for a card front. So here is my make this week using the garden twist set of drawing inks :


The inks are a great selection of blue and green tones, but I wanted to play a bit with the colours..so I wondered if they could be combined with picket fence distress stain to create softer tones ... To create the background I scribbled some of the stains across my craft sheet and also swiped some picket fence stain, spritzed and the dragged my piece of mountboard through.

I then heated and dabbed more colour.....hopefully you can see some darker mottled areas where less of the picket fence was picked up.

 
Once sure this was totally dry I inked up the text/numbers piece from Wendy Vecchi set love to make art with broken china and embossed using clear detail embossing powder...( can you spot my mistake?!). I then added these gorgeous leaves from Wendy Vecchi , inked in evergreen bough. The sentiment is stamped in olive archival and clear embossed a trick I saw over at the lovely Alison's blog here.


I also randomly stamped the chicken wire stamp, such a hugely useful background stamp...Now onto the flowers. these are from Hearfellt Creations delicate aster set and make amazing blooms!


These were coloured by making a sheet of dappled cardstock with the drawing inks, randomly dipped into left overs on craft sheet and then stamped in olive archival. I could not resist adding some wire for stems and these cute bells for centres!

So make you sure you also hop over to the Creative expressions news blog, which is now reguarly updated with all the DT makes, also Creative Expressions is now on pinterest and creations are also updated on facebook

well have a fun and inky day!
Trace x 

20 comments :

  1. Such gorgeous colours, Trace! A really beautiful make. I still don't have that daisy stamp... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace I am in love with your beautiful background! What a fab idea to mix those inks with the picket fence, together with the WV stamps this is just stunning! Love the flowers too and how you have placed them. Great hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace, upside down stamping is the latest trend you know....lol! Love it and love your gorgeous hanging. Those flowers are to die for, the curly stems are perfect and those little bells are such fun. The inks certainly work well with the Picket Fence... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought it was a card... The colours are great! Looks like I dreamy place to be... Have a fun and inky weekend, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Trace, the co,ours are gorgeous together and I love the dimensional blooms. Love the added wire too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Trace - this looks gorgeous - those flowers are amazing - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! The flowers with the little bells are just amazing!!
    I am also very fond of the sentiment you used.

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, full of nice little touches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this completely Trace. The asters are beautiful and I love how you've marbled/stamped the background. Great colours too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous monochromatic creation Trace, the inky background is perfect for those gorgeous aster blooms. Love it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your background Trace :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful. The colours are gorgeous & I love the flowers. And it's not a mistake, it's being creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightful background for the lovely flowers Trace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Trace - really exceptional!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layering and colours and the little bells in the centres is a really nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! The background is lovely. The blooms are beautiful. And the bells are pure fun. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous colour and fabulous layers Trace.....the flowers are stunning and really pop on that wonderful background

    Love it x

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning layered background, Trace... I'm definitely in the market for some of these inks after you've shown what can be done with them. The muted tones from combining them with the Picket Fence are delicious, and the flowers look wonderful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so elegantly beautiful Trace, really like it
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful, love the colors and all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x