Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 10 March 2015

capture a smile

Well I have been wanting to play with these new dies, well new to me dies, from Eileen Hull, especially the recipe cards as I thought they would make great cards, slightly larger than an ATC.. so here is my make for today ...


I made the recipe box and also three recipe cards to fit inside... using thick card covered in wallflower paper stack and lots of distress goodness and Tim Holtz idea-ology goodies .

So onto the details..



I covered some thick paper in wallflower paper stack, die cut the box and edged with walnut stain distress ink. I think I am hooked on playing with the ephemera packs from the idea-ology range, can't stop using them on everything! I layered up ephemera, all with distressed edges and inked with walnut stain distress ink. I also used a journaling tag, a vellum ephemera photo and some chit chat stickers.



To close the box, I added some holes and tied through these using some seam binding dyed with bundled sage distress ink.


Now for the cards inside ....

I used the same design piece of paper from french industrial paper stack. I wanted all 3 to be linked together as a set .


I covered each card with paper, then die cut using recipe cad die...I used a photo booth photo on each piece, I love these so many to choose from! Again I added layers of ephemera, distressed and inked.


I added some remnant rubs and some idea-ology given a  distressed look using decoart paints, they are great for creating an aged look


The cards were all created in the same way, building up layers of ephemera , rub ons and idea-ology to reflect how I saw the photos..



And finally card no 3 , completed in the same way... I hope you like these as I had so much fun making them !




Thanks to everyone who has stopped by and left comments while I slowly make my way back into blogland....and welcome to my new followers so thrilled you wanted to follow my inky and painty journey xx

I would like to enter this for Eileen Hulls art from the heart challenge - go green , as there are lots of soft and sage greens in this piece .

keep those fingers inky!
and hope you do something you love today xx

trace x 

19 comments :

  1. You are certainly back on form Trace, these cards and the box are absolutely stunning! Beautiful collages, each and every one and the box is fabulous.

    Thanks so much for playing along in Eileen's Go Green challenge at Art With Heart! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Trace - I decided not to go for that die but it is now back on the list!! I love your fabulous collages, such a great mix of papers, photographs and ephemera. SOOOO fabulous to see you back blogging - missed you so much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic Trace!! What a brilliant way to use that die, love it!! Your treatment of the numbers is fabulous, they look so vintage and rusted! Such a great project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are wonderful Trace - just so much detail and the die looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful project Trace! Your layering on each piece is perfect - I usually get a hodge podge pile - I think I need to work on placement a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are gorgeous!! So much work, effort and attention detail and it has so paid off... pure vintage perfection xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful with wonders added to each one. A great idea Trace

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun these look! Nice to see you back here in blogland again too Trace - I've been missing your creativity :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous little layered cards, Trace - wonderful work with the new Photobooth images, and a great way to show off the Eileen Hull die. I love them!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! Each piece is a work of art unto itself - stunning layouts and layering. Love it! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! LOVE all the pieces you put on these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trace these are beautiful, you really are the Queen of vintage xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just playing comment catch up! Caught these on pinterest and instantly pinned - fabulous collage work Trace! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! How cute is this! I totally adore your creative style ♡ Thank you for joining us at Art with Heart March challenge ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. These a re just gorgeous Trace, I adore the selection of papers and elements layered up so beautifully. have pinned them.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea and fantastic pieces, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trace these are gorgeous! I love the recipe box and your cards! Fabulous job!
    Thanks for joining us at Art with Heart Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing, love the recipe box die. Fabulous mixed media and your layers, distressing...oh my...I think I am in love. Thanks for joining us on at Art with Heart Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x