Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 1 September 2013

Pure Chemistry for Country View Crafts DT

Well it is time for another challenge over at Country View Crafts and the fab new theme is Layers... right up my street..and my fab new Tim Holtz set designed by the talented Brett Weldele came out to play. 

Do you ever get a set of stamps that you want SO much and they just seem to be made for you! Well this set are so up my street and I certainly enjoyed my creative journey with these....LOVE them! 

So here is my layered make :



 I was going to get carried away and make a darker coloured piece but wanted to play at building up layers in a different and softer way, got carried away though.... So below are the step by steps of how I made this piece, you made need a cuppa...or stronger...lots of pictures...please feel free to scroll to the end if it is too much!!

I started with some fab Tim Holtz die cuts and glued them to my base of mountboard.I used gears, mini gears, tattered banners strip die, ticket strip die and mini ticket strip die and hardware findings.When happy I glued them down using glue and seal. then added some white Wendy vecchi texture paste through a script stencil.


Then painted over in nougat paint, then added some frayed burlap distress paint watered down.


I then set too adding highlights of ink and building up the colour using frayed burlap, pumice stone, vintage photo and walnut stain DI.



Then I started adding subtle stamped layers that eventually build up the whole, this really was a journey of exploring and playing...I used warehouse district ( totally love this set!) and my yummy new sets : poisonous, The Chemist, Laboratorie and also apothecary sets.



Now onto the details...you still there ?

The poison labels (poisonous set) were stamped onto a paper with a sticky back and spritzed with vintage photo re-inker in a  mini mister..
 

 I then cut them out and used ranger glue stick to add to mini vials..adding little labels using tiny tabs die and rusty wire..


now the fab Chemist himself, coloured using distress markers and waterbrush..I just LOVE this stamp...can you tell?! and the laboratory stamps and poisonous stamps combine so well........pure chemistry you could say!


I added one of my all time favourite quotes from Tim Holtz set...lots mote idea-ology..oh and I did highlight a few areas with treasure gold...so lots of layers .

just a few more..honest!!



 
So there you have it , make sure you pop across here  and see what my fab team mates have created for this layered challenge and hope that you have time this month to pop in a layered make yourself!

Hope you like my make I had a ball making this and you can be sure these stamps will be getting inky again very soon!

have a fun and inky day! 
trace  x


24 comments :

  1. Hi Trace! Great post and fabulous project. I can tell you enjoyed making this. Love how you built up all the layers! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace, he is just such fun to use isn't he, I adore him! Love how you have used him and I now want the other two sets too.... A brilliant tag, beautifully designed! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was a bit of a masterclass in layering Trace! Love the effect of building up the gears and tickets in the background with the texture paste, and the subtlety of the background stamping. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure awesomeness - the layering is fabulous. Love all the colours, and the ghostly chemist. All of it works so well together - Super love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure chemistry indeed - just love all the layers and I might need the gent stamp!! Thanks for sharing details of the various stages. So many interesting elements building up the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic creation and the chemist stamp is terrific. Love the layered background you created.
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this s wonderful Trace - I'm ordering some of these stamps today - I used to teach chemistry and one of my old colleagues has a 40th birthday coming up - well thats my excuse for buying the stamps - lol!!!!!Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration - looking forward to playing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is again a stunning one! Love the alchemist stamp (can´t buy them all, so will stamp this one by a friend to get to use it) The embelli are so perfectly placed! Have a sunny sunday, Gerrina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning make Trace x love the colours and wonderful layers, fabulous embossing

    Crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great! Love the layers & the poison bottles :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome layering and textures, Trace!

    A terrific make!!!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way all those wonderful layers just come together - just brilliant! And thanks for the how to Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. He does look like a kindly old man doesn't he. Great layers and wonderful embellishments and the way you have arranged them. Thanks for the tutorial!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the subtleness of the layering in the background & the colour is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I can relate to that. Sometimes, I've found, I've fallen head over heels with the new set and want to ink them up all the time that others become neglected!
    This set was made for you - love what you created.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creation Trace... the layers are fantastic...Love all the embellishments... I can see you are going to have a lot of fun with this set.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the coloring and layering you did. I also appreciate that you explained what you did and how you did it. I have yet to find out what "mount board is," having never used it or seen it. Maybe it's foamcore? Probably not because your's looks thinner. I digress. Stunning work. I don't particularly like the poisonous gentleman but I sure appreciate your work of art. I thought I was actually in the little shop of horrors :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's a gorgeous piece of art. Love every layer and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning, incredible & fabulous!!! I love all the layers & textures & The Chemist is definitely on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very special and very beautiful trace.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW breathtaking created art work! Love all the elements which so lovingly decorated.
    Have a nice week,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely misty baxkground..great in total, Trace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely love that layered textured background - simply brilliant work, Trace... and you're right - you and this stamp set were made for each other! The glass vials look fabulous too...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x