Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 31 August 2013

keeping it simple .. for creative expressions DT

Well here I am with another make for Creative expressions using the set of garden twist drawing inks, these have a really fine brush but can be used for all sorts of things...So here is my make ...another tag, but this could easily be a card front... 


 I used the drawing inks in the same way as my hanging here...combined with picket fence , in the same way as you can used distress stains . I mixed in a bit of picket fence stain to soften the colours. The darker parts are where the drawing inks show their true colours and did not mix with the stains so much. I created a #10 and #8 tag to create a layered tag.

 
I added some stamped detail by painting the drawing inks onto the nature set of stamps and then stamping with them. This large tag was then edged with broken china DI. The next layer was a piece of white corrugated card inked with distress.For the top layer, tag #8 I coloured some gold pearl texture paste using the drawing inks.... and applied through foxglove stencil.

 

To complete I added a sentiment stamped with the drawing ink, some seam binding and some cheesecloth all dyed with drawing inks.


Hopefully you can see how versatile these drawing inks are and how many different ways they can be used in.
 
hope you have a great weekend...there is still time to apply for creative expressions DT for next year...all details here .x
 
have a fun and inky day
trace  x
 

18 comments :

  1. Hi Trace, I am in love with the colours you have used on this tag and love the mix of textures of the corrogated card,cheesecloth and texture paste. I have never used drawing inks mixed with other mediums before and this piece has inspired me to experiment - Thank you for sharing. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foxglove stencil is beautiful Trace and I love all the soft blues you have used. That piece of cheesecloth looks amazing coloured with the inks too. Beautiful work. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours and various textures on this tag - not come across those inks so must check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty tag, just beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours on this piece Trace and I love the darker patches too where the inks have not blended as much with the stain. Love the cheesecloth and the wonderful texture. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card/tag .... I especially love the color!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful soft colouring Trace and I adore that foxglove stencilling. You make this all look so effortless but I know it takes work (and a touch of genius). Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love it! The colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Trace! Love the soft color palette and the texture! Fabulous tag. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colours, a beautiful sentiment and the flowers on the bottom are made so well! Think I have to try to use flowers someway like these on my makes...find them perfect! Have a sunny and fun weekend, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous background Trace and I just love those layered tags. Wonderful piece x

    ReplyDelete
  13. As usual you have created another yummy tag. Love the color tones you used and everything works so well together.
    I really need to get some cheesecloth!!

    happy crafting
    tracie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So stunningly pretty - I've been very tempted by these inks, but couldn't quite bear the price tag - especially when I have some inks I should really experiment with first! Beautiful work...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x