Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 16 December 2013

With a touch of frost

So for my make for Creative Expressions today I have used the Henna collection singles stamps, which come pre cut and pre mounted x I have used these to make a mini canvas and a gift bag to put it in. So here we go :

 
The henna stamp I used is called Henna mosaic and is pictured below...


I started by spreading some silver pearl texture paste onto the mini canvas, making it thicker and thinner in different places, I then spritzed the stamp with water and stamped into some parts of the paste to create some texture .



 Once dry I covered the surface with iced spruce distress stain, such a yummy colour .


When this was dry I coated the sides in rock candy distress glitter and also spread some across the front...but found it hard to get it to show in the pictures :( . I then stamped the henna mosaic stamp and cut out the flower centres and coloured with iced spruce...adding wire stems and an ideaology word band .


The flowers also had some glitter added in a ring to the centre. 

For the bag I added some distress stains to my craft sheet and dabbed the bag in.


I added a flower, some wire and some seam binding dyed with same Distress Inks .


Well hope you like my frosty make , see you later for another of my takes on Linda's fab 12 tags of Christmas x

keep those fingers inky!
trace  x

13 comments :

  1. Ooh really like this Trace - great use of texture paste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Trace and I am so pleased to see the return of the wire on the pieces.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just gorgeous Trace - love the texure and the colours - looks fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece Trace. I love it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowercenter of that stamp is great! Beautiful monochrome again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to use these stamps and I love the idea of the bag to put the canvas in. What a great gift that would be. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The canvas is lovely with all the texture and I really love the background you created on the bag. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trace. What a pretty stamp! Love that design. Your piece is so pretty. I love the frosty silver look. Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. That means so much to me. Trace...I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally fab Trace, the canvas looks fantastic with that beautiful textured background. The giftbag looks fabulous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool make Trace. You have made the silver pearl texture paste look so frosty and the bag looks amazing

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Trace.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, Trace - a wonderful gift!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x