Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 20 December 2013

sometimes the beauty is in its simplicity

Well here I am back again with my take on Linda's tags of Christmas, number 6....I know still a teensy bit behind!? But here are all the details of this fab challenge and there are some generous prizes courtesy of Linda's fab boutique The FunkiejunkieBoutique

So there is till the 8th of Januray to play along yet...if I can make iit...so can you ;) .

So here is Linda's gorgeous tag #6 and below is mine...inspired by the plaid effect and the fir trees.


Well I wanted to mimic the plaid to a certain extent and used one of Tim's fab  stripes stencils and my much loved iced spruce to create that sort of effect in a softer manner..I was really pleased with how it turned out...great except I was scared stiff as to what to do next in case I messed it up!


So I added some stamped fir trees in iced spruce using stamps from reindeer flight, gosh I do love this stamp set..When dry I edged with iced spruce. to complete the background I stamped some snowflakes using perfect medium, embossed with sticky embossing powder and added ....yes you guessed some clear rock candy Distress glitter...


Now for the tree, for which I can take no credit as I totally copied Linda's.


I added a little canvas reindeer, edged in frayed burlap...


some cheesecloth dyed with distress stains...to create a snowy forest floor.


I know that these are all soft colours but i just love how you can still get the different layers and textures...


Finally at the top I added some idea-ology and some dyed seam binding..I really loved making this tag and love the simple calmness it seems to have to me anyway!


So I will be linking this up to Linda's 12 tags 
and use a rubber stamp for simon says stamp monday challenge blog
and anything goes for the Artistic Stamper 

keep those fingers inky!
and those hearts full
trace  x

18 comments :

  1. Another stunning card, Trace. I love the calm and simplicity of it too and I can see why you are so pleased with it. I love all the elements you have used and how you have composed your tag. Your work is always an inspiration. Have a wonderful, peaceful and joyful Christmas. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful tag Trace, love how you created the plaid in the background particularly. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another totally gorgeous tag Trace! Love the canvas deer on the snowy cheese cloth. Great idea! Well, you are catching up and I am sure you are going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background forest and icy snowflakes! A gorgeous tag, Trace! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous scene!!! LOVE the snow drifts...a real wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that plaid effect and gosh this has all worked so well. Great job Trace. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! Such a beautiful soft look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag - my favorite parts? The snow flakes and tree. Love the trinkets at the top too!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely delightful.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just WOW. That is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning tag-love the material at the bottom and the charms you added are amazing

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you made a beautiful scene on this tag! Reminds me of go using the rendeer on my tags for the presents... Have a great weekend, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous - LOVE your plaid background and the monochromatic look with the icy sprue and frayed burlap. The glittered snowflakes are lovely too. This one really does pack a punch with it's understated beauty! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely in love with this, Trace... easily my favourite of your FJ tags so far! The sparkly snowflakes, the subtle plaid and those ghostly trees - the whole thing is just perfect!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I can see why you got a bit scared...That plaid background with the snowflakes is FABULOUS! But then I scrolled down and saw the beautiful tree that YOU created (which may have been inspired by Linda...but YOU made it!!) Oh my! This is one of the prettiest Christmas tags that I've seen all season! Thank you for sharing your tag with us this week for the Simon Says stamp Monday challenge. I loved seeing your work. Happy Holidays! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trace...you are so right! Sometimes less is more. In the case of your tag...it's perfection! I really love your tag. The sweet simplicity of the colors and design make for such an elegant vintage piece. I love the sweet little clear twinkling snowflakes that melt into the background. The shadowy tall pines are very effective. I also love the texted tree and the little mini reindeer in the foreground. So lovely! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and I wish you the very happiest of holidays, Trace! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This creation is so fabulous! There are so many soft and subtle elements and the combined effect is stunning. The color palette is unique and I adore the text on the tree and the canvas reindeer gives just the right bit of depth. Stunning work and I'm so glad you shared this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x