Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 17 December 2013

the first noel..

well here I am flying by today to share my tag no 4 for Linda's fab twelve tags of Christmas, muchly relieved that we have a little more time to play! The deadline is now 8th January for the original 12 tags and an additional 2. there are some very generous prizes from the lovely Linda's funkie junkie boutique...and all players who complete will be entitled to a 10% or 20% discount x ( believe me this is fab as all prices are already well under RRP!)

So Linda's tag #4 can be found here and here is mine:
( not really very happy with mine, in fact very not happy with it ..but time presses on and do not have time to re do it)


 I was inspired by the wording and the flowers but went for  blue colour scheme , no shock there then! So I started by creating two layered tags using a #8 and #10 tag. I coloured up the tags using Distress stains and picket fence Distress stain , from my craft sheet. 

For the large tag I stamped blue snowflakes and also added some clear embossed snowflakes .


and for the smaller tag I clear embossed script repeatedly.


So here they are layered up :


I then cut , inked and glittered the flowers , three the same as Linda...and adding the letters cut from the word play die, fab die!


 adding a little silver bell to the centre of each.


To finish off...the frosted letters :


 and finally ...some dyed seam binding....


I will linking this up to Linda's 12 tags of Christmas....and will be back tomorrow...fingers crossed with another post! x

keep those fingers inky 
and those hearts full xx
trace  x

12 comments :

  1. Why are you very not happy with this? I think it is gorgeous. I love the flowers and the little silver bells are such a lovely touch. As for the colours, well, blue is my favourite choice always. A beautiful tag. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Trace, love the blues and the embossing. The poinsettias look lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace I really like the soft blue and white of your tag and what a neat idea of layering the 2 different size tags . Will watch for tag #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why you don't like it, I think it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I for one think its beautiful Trace - gorgeous textures and colours. Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful Trace. Love all that embossing. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous textures - amazing Tag!
    Merry Christmas to you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the icy blue colors you used here, Trace. The clear embossed snowflakes overstamped are a wonderful touch and I love the snowy look of the poinsettias. We are our worst critics - I think this is a lovely piece! So happy to have you sharing it with us.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still think the blue colour and the embossed script are great. Mayby you are not happy with your flowers; normaly you would stamp over them? Hope all goes well, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the background and your frosty poinsettias, and the layering of the tags works beautifully...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x