Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 13 December 2013

playing Tim's tags catch up.... here is November and October

well having taken a break from blog land earlier this year I sadly missed Tim's tags for October and November , but was determined to complete the set, so decided to do a winter inspired version of The tags for October and November. 

Each month Tim gives us an amazing tag for inspiration and his November tag can be found here and his October tag can be found here . So here are my two catch up tags ...October first ..


I mad a yummy Distress painty background, still so in love with these! And then cut out this gorgeous vintage santa...A new Tim one and coloured him with distress markers from craft sheet with my waterbrush. 


I added the frame but used silver Distress glitter.......well pumice stone, gorgeous stuff!
 and added some die cuts coloured with iced spruce and sprinkled with Distress rock candy, still love this stuff , makes everything seem sugar coated/ frosted.

 
copying Tims layout I added a sentiment from simple sayings...


and some scrummy dyed seam binding at the top..


Now for my festive take on November :


For this I followed Tim's lead and so all the details of the chalkboard effect can be found here , 


and then added some linen ribbon, dyed seam binding and some idea-ology...including the cutest ice skate going!!


hope everyone is getting there helping Santa, Life events here have delayed proceedings some what and now I have a really horrible cold :( but we will get there ! Santa will be ready ! 

keep those fingers inky!
trace x 

18 comments :

  1. Beautiful 'Trace' versions of Tim's tags. You've really stamped your mark all over these and yet they remain recognisably close to the originals. So clever and so good. Hope that cold goes quickly. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these tags with the wonderful ideas and the images you have used

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Trace, love your wintery versions of Tim's tags, specially the October one (way nicer than the original IMHO).... The November one with the skates looks great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great tags! A pitty you weren´t able to play along, but sometimes other things are more important! Have a great weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Trace…I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous tags Trace - I especially love the October one - really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trace, both tags are wonderful! Love the chalkboard effect with the skates, but that neutral Santa with the sparkly frame is such a vintage beauty! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to tell you Trace - I love your Santa tag - wonderful and to me really perfect. If something were to happen to my husband, I would chase down Santa and woo him!!!!
    Happy Holidays kid and I do hope all is well with your family.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tags are wonderful, as ever Trace. Hope the cold goes away very soon and that you are well by Christmas. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. I've missed seeing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Santa Claus tag - he is quite a handsome man - those eyes so kind. He deserves this beautiful frame - I do love this tag. Merry Christmas !!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisitely crafted ! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous catch-up tags Trace. Love the framed Santa and gorgeous painty background in the first and one and your chalkboard effects have worked brilliantly.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both tags are so gorgeous. Santa Claus looks especially wonderful in his sparkly frame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Santa tag Trace - I am having the hardest time leaving a comment - maybe this time it will work. Your Santa tag is so very beautiful. Love the Santa and the frame!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tags Trace... Love the fantastic Santa of the first he's beautifully framed too... the second I adore the blackboard effect & wonderful image...Love them both... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cheeky does Mr Santa look Trace such perfect colour toning. I agree it is a yummy painty background with all embellished perfectly.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that you've converted the tags to Christmas - so gorgeous, Trace, especially that October one - glorious sparkly frame!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x