Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 23 December 2013

Oh Christmas tree

Well here I am with a festive make for my final Dt make for Creative Expressions before Christmas. I have used a singles stamp for something a little different... so here is my make :


So... a festive cone shaped Christmas tree and another gift bag! 

I used the stamp seen below for all the stamped details on the gift bag tag and also on the tree, complete with frosty sprinkles and festive tinsel .


lets start with the tree...I painted the cone shaped tree with white eco paint, and then added some patches of rock candy crackle and then for the top of the tree I sprinkled on some cosmic shimmer glitter jewels in iced snow .


Now for the tinsel....I started by stamping the stamp above in cornflower blue archival ink..


I then started cutting to remove the small pieces for the tinsel...


I then threaded these pieces onto wire for my tinsel..


for the base of the tree I added some halves of the centre piece of the stamp and some more rock candy



Now for the gift tag ..


I added  the stamp to the tag in cornflower blue archival ink...and then stamped the middle section again and cut into it to layer it up...see below 


To this I added some rock candy loose glitter..then layered onto the tag and added a large pearl for the centre


Finally for the top and bottom I stamped the henna border shown below...in broken chin and covered in sticky embossing powder and the loose rock candy glitter..



masking off part of the stamp to get a straight border...



some dyed seam binding finishes the tag off.

So wishing you a happy , healthy Christmas and all the best for 2014. 
keep those fingers inky 
and this hearts full
trace  x

9 comments :

  1. Love the cone tree with its crackle and glitter and the tag is beautiful.
    Hope you are there with all you Christmas preparations. Have a wonderful time with the family.
    Festive greetings.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful duo Trace. They both compliment each other and the tree itself is so unique. Wishing you a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy Crafty New Year. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks beautiful Trace - thanks for all the inspiration this year - looking forward to seeing your makes in 2014! Hugs! Have a fabulous Christmas! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree cone and tag Trace with beautiful stamped layering plus the rock candy just gives the right amount of bling.

    Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cone tree Trace and the delicate bag. What a difference it makes to just distress the edges and add a designer tag.

    Have a wonderful Christmas

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ensemble Trace. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've used one stamp is such versatility. Please come by my blog and help me win a contest. http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2013/12/puddin-n-pie-needs-your-vote-now-dont.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Trace! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally my fav colour! Beautiful elegant makes! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x