Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 19 December 2013

have you seen santa?

well here I am and yes making steady..but mildly slow progress on Linda's fab 12 tags for Christmas...and here I am ..with tag #5 yes...still a teeny tiny matter or the other....few...So this fab challenge is sponsored very generously by the lovely Linda and her fab shop thefunkiejunkieboutique. This is a real treasure trove of yumminess, so make sure you pop across and have a look. there is now till the 8th of January to play along...phew! So here is Linda's fab no 5 and here is mine...inspired by Linda's colour scheme and Santa in the frame.


I loved how Linda made her background so decided to make a similar one...


Then onto the Santa, well if you have stopped by here you will have noticed I have fallen in love with this Santa Image...so here he is again..coloured with distress markers and water brush.


I nestled him inside the ornate frame and coloured that very softly..


Finally I added a flower cut from the gorgeous crinoline that Linda sells, which cuts and dyes beautifully!


I added an idea-ology washer and mini pin for the centre and some rusty wire! no shock there then....but shhh guess what...no rock candy glitter! 

finally some gorgeous dyed seam binding for the top of the tag 


So I will be linking this up to Linda's twelve tags of Christmas

keep those fingers inky
 and those hearts full!
trace  x

16 comments :

  1. You are really catching up with these Trace and all of them are different and beautiful

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking real vintage/old! Great background and santa...is a beautiful one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have seen Santa - he is on the front of your gorgeous tag! Love that Santa image and love your tag, a great take on Linda's. Festive hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love everything about this one. I fell in love with the texture of the flower first of all. In the New Year I am so going to buy some Crinoline: it looks terrific! Then I was blown away by the way you did your background and finally I loved the water-colour effects on your lovely Santa. I love, love, love your take on this tag! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Tag Trace. Hope your not overdoing the festivities. Merry Christmas. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, another real beauty Trace, love how you did the background, the Santa is lovely too and the flower is just fantastic!! Fabulous take on Linda's example!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trace this is lovely especially your flower.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. super santa - fabulous tag - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stamp with the ornate frame! I made something similar her #10 Tag! It's lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trace, your background is totally yummy. Love the vintage neutrals you worked with here. I agree with you on that Santa image - really wonderful. Your crinoline flower rocks! Terrific take on tag #5!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually I have seen Santa!! Trace, this tag is so lovely! The background is stunning as is that flower! I have go to cut some of my fabric! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never can tell what has happened to my comments Trace -- I really do not mean to comment more than once. Such a beautiful Santa with his rosy cheeks and such a gorgeous background he sits on.
    Merry Christmas and hope all is well with you and your family,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delicious tag, such wonderful colours and textures.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic tag, Santa looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great version Trace. Love that background. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the rich sepia, and the subtle tinting on Santa is great!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x