Well you know me and the whole photo booth and found relatives I love them and this make features another so hope you're not too bored of them!
This piece was again created on a piece of mdf board...covered in some of the resist paper stack, plenty of distress goodies and then of course my found relatives picture centre stage..:
I started with soft blue tones and then dried and added walnut stain distress around the edges. I love working in single colour tones but love the combination of blues and browns..they work so well together.
I added some flowers, coloured with distress and cut from jumbo tattered floral die, with little
idea-ology gears for centres. I added some dyed seam binding and a muse token in the same colour.
I love the spring / summer feel of this photo and so added the gorgeous idea-ology butterfly
i added some string for the natural feel and added some flourishes cut from a Tim die, painted and crackled then inked behind the found relatives picture...and some film strip.
Here you can see the crackle with the ink rubbed into the cracks, its so simple and yet looks so effective I think.
The flowers had some idea-ology foliage leaves added behind them to compliment the gears for centres..
And the muse token says enough that I didn't feel I needed to add any sentiment to the piece.
I know it is similar in layout to a piece I have done before but I love how by changing the picture and the colour scheme it can still look so very different!
keep those fingers inky!
and those hearts full x