Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 3 July 2015

The journey awakens the soul for A Vintage Journey.

Well it is going to be a busy week on the blog and today sees the start of the next journey over at A Vintage journey and the theme this month is Destinations.

Now as a huge fan of the found relatives I used one to inspire this piece...I love how each image seems to have a story to tell and this showed the way to Paris for these two young people to share and celebrate their love.

 I am not great with words so will let my crafting elements tell the story ....


I started by covering a mdf board with paper from the French Industrial paper stack with the Eiffel tower on it , covering with picket fence distress paint and smudging and hen adding areas of clear embossed script. 
I edged the board with tissue tape to finish of the sides of the board.


Now for layers of ephemear from the gorgeous Tim Holtz ephemera packs and also some pieces from the pocket card packs. I scuffed the edges and inked with walnut stain distress ink.

I tied a bow around it using seam binding coloured with tattered rose distress stain .


I just love this colour and it has to be added to my favourites list .


Here is a close up of the embossed text ...


I die cut some trellis using the new frameworks die from thick card, I coloured the card with antique linen distress ink and then covered with a layer of Decoart crackle glaze. 
When dry I rubbed walnut stain distress ink across the surface and into the cracks.


here it is against the background.


I scuffed the image and sanded it and added some tattered rose colour to the flowers using tattered rose distress marker.



Here is the finished piece I added some tattered rose flower embellishments, adding some buttons to the centres.


I added a stamped image of the Eiffel tower using the framelits set and die cut, inked and then covered with crackle glaze and when dry rubbed ink into the cracks. I added a scuffed and inked flashcard, a die cut heart..inked , crackled and then with ink rubbed into the cracks.

I lightly inked the flowers with tattered rose distress ink and also added a word band from idea-olgy range.


here is a close up of the Eiffel tower..



So I do hope you like my make and make sure you hop across here to see all my team mates makes..you won't be disappointed! 


You have a whole month to join in the fun and could be a guest designer or win a voucher for Country View Crafts our generous sponsor.


16 comments :

  1. What a lovely wedding in Paris canvas Trace! Beautiful crackle, layering and ephemera - love your pretty seam tape bow! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Trace! What a beautiful way to share a vintage romantic story in one of the most romantic places on Earth. LOVE that crackle! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning piece Tracy, you really have managed to tell a wonderful story with your pictures and design! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and romantic, Trace, and I love the finish on your trellis - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Trace! Fabulous idea and display for a heritage piece! Love all your details, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece, Trace. It's got such a sweet, romantic vintage feel to it. Your collaged background is so pretty and really sets the tone for the remaining pieces you added. Love the found relatives picture and the delicate flowers! I also wanted to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a gorgeous piece Trace and a lovely story that brings the picture to life - wonderful - love it all! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much vintage-y goodness here Trace. Love the crackle finish!!!!! And those flowers with the button centers are wonderful. Every little detail showcases the story you are telling behind these found relatives :) I love it!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful make!! I love your image, and all of your finishes, especially that trellis! I also love Tattered Rose, and your use here is fantastic! Thanks for sharing - xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to capture a story of love n romance - a perfect gift for a wedding , engagement or anniversary . As the saying goes a picture paints a thousand words....... A really beautiful , heart warming make trace . hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layering of papers and that crackle looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. No words needed to tell this beautiful story, Trace! I love all the elements and the crackle is gorgeous! Fabulous project! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely lovely, Trace! You don't need words to explain such a wonderful love story that you created with images and texture and your awesome talent!! This is such a romantic project :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Trace, love how you've showcased this great picture and your canvas really does tell the story of this couple! The embossed script is wonderful, so subtle and lovely and of course Tim's ephemera always adds the perfect touch to everything ☺ Thanks for sharing this great piece, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Trace - I am bummed that I missed your post as well as a couple of others at the first of the month - so weird but nevertheless.... this is soooo precious. I love the crackle on the trellis and heart as well as the way the colors blend but still have pop in some places. Oh and the buttons... so perfect. It's truly a lovely and romantically sweet vintage piece. j

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x