Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 31 July 2015

Tell your story - for Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey

So it is Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey ... I love making tags and I love the found relatives cards , so that that was my staring point ... so here is my tag :

I love creating male inspired tags and using lots of yummy Tim Holtz goodies are my favourite ! I started b y creating the background ...and was so in the moment afraid there are no step by steps ..sorry..but...sometimes creating in the moment is so wonderful you get carried away!

I love the texture paste through a Tim Layering stencil covered with lots of yummy distress including walnut stain, hickory smoke, rusty hinge and finished around the edges with some black soot..


The new distress sprayer makes getting the flick and spritz droplets super easy... and I never stop loving the way distress reacts with water..a bit like the first time you see embossing powder melt...magic!

I completed the top of the tag with a double bow created using dyed seam binding...for vintage crinkle ..


Now if you are a regular here you will know how much I adore the found relatives cards and I love how I can start with one and the rest sort of creates itself around it! I have scuffed, sanded and inked this gent and hope he would be happy with his place on this tag?


I chose a flashcard, plenty of yummy idea-ology and a word band to help tell the story of my tag ... I added a stamped sentiment using handwritten stamps from Tim Holtz and a number plaque...do love numbers .. they seem to lend themselves to all sorts of creations!


To continue the vintage feel I used the distress spritzer and my black soot distress marker, it is amazing how these little details make such a big difference ..


So hope you will pop across to A Vintage Journey to see all the other fab takes to insipre you .xx



22 comments :

  1. He really does look as if he has quite the story to tell! Trace, love all the layers and details on this wonderful masculine tag! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layering of tickets and photo and metal pieces - love the background and the water splatter - just beautiful Trace! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag Trace and beautiful layering of all those elements. The found relative is just the perfect focal piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! i love your tag! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab tag Trace. I love the scuffing on the photo and that subtle stencilled texture. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent, Trace - love the grungy look, the scratching on the photo, brilliant use of all those Idea-ology goodies - I just love it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous tag Trace, full to the brill with interesting details and additions.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag Trace! Love the look of the new Hickory Smoke, may have to get that one after all! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tag Trace! Love all the details! I don't think I'm so good at making masculine tags so I really appreciate when someone does it well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layers Trace and the gorgeous vintage colours. Lots of yummy goodness here.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Tag ! Trace Love the texture paste through the stencil , all the spritz and flick distressing . Alll those torn n ragged edges compliment you're aged photograph perfectly . love it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Trace! I love this tag!! Pinned! This found relative really looks like his has found a home. The sanding is such a great effect. Your background is really phenomenal as well. What a wonderful vintage tag. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a way of creating beautiful tones Trace and this tag is such a great example. I love the little bit of pink and yellow on the ribbon. Just fabulous! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is fabulous Trace - I adore the quote on the metal bar - really wonderful. brilliant layers - big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a lovely tag, Trace. Your vintage work is always so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this! So very much! Great layers and vintagness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful - Life is about creating yourself while admiring and studying about those figures from the past.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful tag Trace, fabulous colour palette as always and you have set of the gent perfectly by surrounding him with all of that lovely Idea-ology ephemera to help tell his story. Love everything about this, thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome tag, Trace!! I do find Tim's products yummy, too ;) :) You've brought so many of them together here in this delicious tag! Masculine and beautiful all at the same time!! Another Awesome Tag Friday creation from you, Trace! Happy Weekend!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful vintage tag - amazing background, beautifully coloured crinkle and got to love the scratched photo! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your fabulous, vintage found relatives tag. The stenciled background is just deliciousness, and you've used the best embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x