Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 5 July 2015

Travel the world with those you love for Country View Crafts

Well the new challenge theme over at Country View Crafts is 'on your travels' and for my second offering I have made a little mini travel journal using lots of DecoArt goodies and my passport die designed by Eileen Hull...I think this is such a versatile die and sure to be used a lot!
So here it is :





and here is the inside : ready to be filled with all your travel pictures, souvenirs, holiday memories and whatever else you want ...

So some step x steps of the cover part ... I die cut the cover pieces from v thick card ( about 500gsm ). I then applied some DecoArt crackle paste through one of Andy Skinners new stencils -and left the crackle to do its magic! I then coated the pieces in titan buff paint (one of left painted )


I like to use my fingers brushes and semi dry baby wipes to apply my paint , swiping layers of colour across ..I started by swiping various colours, building up the layers including paynes grey, blue green light, burnt umber,




English red oxide, cobalt turquoise .. sorry got carried away so layers were built up until I was happy with how it looked...


I then , when happy -ish applied some interference gold ...applied here to one of left..


When happy I sealed with matte sealer to keep the layers I have already in tact...when dry I dripped some washes of quinacridione gold down ..to mimic rusty stuff!



To complete I added a layer of black antiquing cream, left to dry and then wiped back to reveal some of the colour underneath...I love the look this gives the finshed piece...the great thing is you can rub away as much or as little as you like...I then sealed with matte sealer (all DecoArt ).

To add to the front I die cut a movers and shapers Tim globe and treated with crackle, painty layers and antiquing cream before sealing...

Now for the inside ...I die cut all the pages using correspondence paper stack , inked the edges and added some rub ons to them..

I added ... some of my favourite photo booth images....these two look ready for some adventures...and one of the great small talk quotes, copped into sections and inked around the edges...



Inside the back cover I used the great new envelope die from Tim Holtz to create a little matching envelope to store tickets of any other small bits and bobs from your travels...and there is a perfect rub on for all you want to say... here ..collector of memories...



So here is the front cover complete with globe...all the ages were tied in in groups using dyed seam binding and tied on outside to form bows. I added a chit chat sticker to complete the cover ..


and on the side I added one of the gorgeous travel charms from idea-olgy range..


So hope you like my make, you have plenty of time to join in and it would be great to see what you make .xx


you could be one of the lucky guest designers or the winner of a voucher to spend in Susan's jammed shop, so why not pop across here to see plenty of inspiration and pop in an entry xx


So safe travels on your journeys...however near , or far....



20 comments :

  1. Wonderful travel album with terrific textured look to it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trace this is stunning!!! Wow, amazing textures on the cover, the pages look gorgeous and I just LOVE the way you did the spine! Fantastic project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've achieved a great grungy/vintage effect....gorgeous creation Trace!
    Greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Trace, love those colours you used on the covers and the touch of ageing and crackle. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is absolutely fabulous ! Trace . Fantastic paint effects n crackle texture . What a great way to store those travelling memories . Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am smiling here as I have just used the envelope die and the globe on a project too.... love how you used Eileen's Passport die and those fabulous DecoArt products - your travel folder is fabulous, I love the dripped rust on the front especially! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trace this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is absolutely awesome Trace - what a fantastic make - I adore it!!! Wonderful work! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trace. Love your journal from today. I would like to make something like it, and you said you used an Andy Skinner stencil....the numbers on your journal? I have never seen that one. I went to Andy's and couldn't find it. Am I looking at the wrong stencil? Thanks. suzschultz23@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again. One more question. How big is the journal? You call it a "mini". I have Tim's world die..is that what you used? Thanks again. Sue suzschultz23@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous! LOVE LOVE that globe! The cover is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the challenge! the outside looks so natural! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely looks as though it is from times gone by. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just amazing! That globe is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic make Trace with stunning texture. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Trace. Found Andy's stencil. thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous project Trace! Pure vintage beauty! Love all the crackled detail! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is amazing, so love how all the colours blends and create a whole, and the crackle looks gorgeous, dear Trace...what a wonderful journal you created !
    xo, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is fabulous Trace, your colour layers on the cover are amazing and the final addition of the quinacridione gold and black antiquing cream are perfection! A wonderful travel journal, thanks for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Utterly stunning, Trace - the crackle, the colours, great use of the papers - it's an absolute triumph.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x