Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 6 August 2013

creating for pleasure.........part 1

Well a couple of Fridays ago it was my turn to do a project on texture fades, I love these useful and versatile tools, that come in so many designs and styles to suit all tastes ... So here are the tags I made for that Friday Focus in greater detail ...

Tag 1: inking the inside of the embossing folder, a really simple background that can be used in so many ways.


This tag uses a texture fade to create the background, but instead of simply embossing the tag I have inked up the texture fade first using Distress inks. For this tag I have used antique linen and broken china.
( To fit the tag in the embossing folder Tim has a great tip  for cutting a slot into the folder for the tag to fit in )


cut a slot through the top of the folder, leaving a small piece attached at either side x


This gives a really soft finish , which can be left as and means the raised areas can be left the colour of the cardstock / tag. For this I have inked the side where the design is indented.

 I could have left this as pale and soft but wanted to complete the look by adding further inking, using vintage photo distress ink, this does mean that around the edges the embossed design will have some colour. I loved the pale colours in the centre so avoided adding any extra ink to the central piece.


I added some flowers using the tattered floral die, vintage photo distress ink and a great tutorial by the lovely Jennie here , whose flowers are truly beautiful!

I added some muslin, dyed with distress stains, for another texture, and added small pearls to the flowers centres.

 To complete I added some butterflies , coloured using distress markers direct to the stamp, very lightly spritzing and stamping..


Finally some seam binding and this fab sentiment stamped in coffee archival and inked in antique linen and broken china.


Tag 2 : stamping on the embossing folder using reverse script


The base of this tag very similar to one of Tim's tags from last year found here and video for reflections stamping here .

This involves inking up the reverse script stamp with jet black archival ( you do need to move fairly quickly ) and then embossing, using a frame folder. When embossed the script appears correctly! Tim really is a clever man!


Again stamp on the embossing folder on the side where the design is indented. Such a clever effect and then can be finished however you wish.

I inked the tag in frayed burlap and broken china and then dried and added walnut stain around the edge. The fab Tim sentiment was stamped in black archival in the middle (It really was a tight fit?!)


I then cut lots of flowers from crinoline using tattered floral strip die which has lots of lovely small flowers that can be easily layered . I dyed these using stains and left to dry  ( I used evergreen bough, broken china and antique linen.) , when dry I layered and added a long fastner for the centre.


I also added some on Linda's lovely venise lace trim, which I dipped into stains and it takes colour beautifully! Some dyed seam binding finishes the top...


have a fun and inky day!
will be back later in the week with part 2 and 3!
trace x 



21 comments :

  1. Morning Trace, Wow, and double Wow, these tags are stunning, I love the techniques used, especially the reverse stamping, will have to watch that video.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx
    PS Couldn't access the flowers by Jennie video, the 'here' wasn't a link ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are delicate and beautiful hard to pick a favourite, so much technique I really should use some of My many folders more often
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace, saw this on fb, and had to take a closer look!! How beautiful it is, and the way with inking the folder before embossing gives a gorgeous result. Love your different flowers too!!
    xo,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Trace thanks for sharing the details of your gorgeous creations. Do you know I have the reverse script stamps and have never used them? Gotta have a go when I get home.
    Happy days I hope for you all.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tags both of them Trace and thanks for sharing the step by step, they both have turned out beautiful! I so adore your soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see these in more detail Trace. You really did a masterclass in embossed tags (if anyone missed it, well worth a look). Looking forward to the other instalments. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! These are beautiful tags! I have some Texture Fades I must use and you have inspired me! I love the way you've done the flowers too! Must check out that tutorial. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Just checked out Jennie's tutorial - great!!! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both stunning tags Trace and thanks for all the tips with the embossing folders. Love the use of the reverse script (always knew I should get that set, lol). Gorgeous work as always!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. much gorgeousness - love it all Trace xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab tags with luvly techniques (thanks for the easy explanations) and luving the colour combos xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both the tags are gorgeous!!
    I really LOVE the sentiment used in the second one...easily forgotten but wonderful to be reminded!!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work, as ever Trace, love the embossing, the beautiful soft colours and the wonderful crinoline flowers (waiting for some more to arrive from F&F). Two really beautiful tags. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag Trace. The colours are fabulous. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trace, both tags are so pretty! Love those soft colors! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, such beautiful tags.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Again: Great and such nice tags Trace.

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very soft and pretty Trace!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. The crinoline gives the flowers a real "light"-effect! Love the colours and elegant texture on this tag! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a beautiful tag with a great romantic feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so beautiful, Trace - delicate in colour, and intricate in texture, with wonderful tips for using the embossing folders. And all the flowers are delicious too! Just lovely, and the whole post has left me with a happy smile inside. Sorry to be behind - my internet's been playing up, so I'm sitting in Caffe Nero trying to do some catching up... have a great weekend!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x