Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 7 August 2013

dream of being more ..........for Dragons dream TIO DT

well it is time for another recipe over at Dragons dream TIO and the talented Silvia  has chosen the recipe this time, so you must make a tag, use at least one real stamp and the ingredients below. The ingredients are : waste/ rubbish, chipboard and male themed.
So here is my make : ( the rubbish is a piece of amazon box, chipboard numbers):



I started by cutting a piece of Amazon box into tag size and stripping off some of the top surface, I then set to work with distress paints in black soot and tarnished brass and then played around until happy.

Then I heat embossed in black detail embossing powder, the curiosity statement, I did this in a few places over the background.


I added these fab steampunk gents from Tim Holtz and sentiment, stamped onto cardstock and coloured with distress ink.


I used the spritz and flick technique and removed colour from their faces using my waterbrush. Now onto the embellishments, the chipboard numbers were from my stash and were given a coat of black paint. I added some film strip die cuts, lots of idea-ology..


I also played some more with glass bead texture gel to create these textured cogs..adding washers and fastners to the centre...they were painted and then brushed with treasure gold (white fire).



make sure you pop across and see my fab team mates makes and maybe pop in an entry yourself!

have a fun and inky day!
trace x
I will catch up on commenting but it may be a bit up and down as Steve is home and we are doing some paced days out xx


22 comments :

  1. what a fab challenge Trace and I love your make - so much to look at - fabby xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass bead texture gel, how have I missed that????? Amazing tag!!! Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, the background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Trace! My first visit here... off to read some more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! Love everything about it, - you do this kind of thing so well Trace! Love all the elements you have added and how you put it altogether, - very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag Trace, love the touch of black embossing and the wonderful texture. Great muted, grungy colours too. Hope you are well. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! The sentiment is my favorite!!!
    I love how inspirational it is.

    Happy Crafting
    tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Tracy, the tutorial is great I love all the little extra techniques you mix into your tags, and the distressed embossing looks great. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful tag Trace, love the great distressing and the film strip. Hope you are enjoying your family time. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation Trace, great male colours and images and I love the gel beads on the cogs.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag, the details look amazing and its a great quote as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Trace - you rocked this challenge! I love this tag - I mean like really love it!!! Bravo!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful tag and a great use of the ingredients.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tag Trace! enjoy your time out....

    ReplyDelete
  15. The glassbeads on the cogs look great! The tag is beautifully masculine! Sunny greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great look...gorgeous ART Tracy!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. MOST EXCELLENT!!! Love the masculine and vintage feel! The layout of everything is too perfect! Love the 57 too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, such an amazing tag, really fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Trace, A fantastic make, I'm loving the glass bead texture gell, it is fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous tag - I love how you've put all the elements together.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally cool grungy tag, Trace... the beading on the cogs is such a brilliant touch - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous tag Trace...The detail is amazing, Love the texture & great colours... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x